Inclinometer Repair

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Inclinometer Repair

Post by The Pinkfingers » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:55 pm

For some reason our inclinometer decided to get stuck at an odd angle. Tried "tapping" it loose (i.e. giving it a slap on the top of the console). No go.

Any ideas how to un-stick it?

Thanks. :-)
Last edited by The Pinkfingers on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
snelson
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 Delica Exceed
Location: Banff
Location: Banff, Alberta

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by snelson » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey Pink - probably the easiest thing is to just take the thing apart.
Really easy - there's a small plastic flap on the bottom/front that you can remove with your fingers.
Then its just a matter of putting a screw driver to work and pull everything apart, then once you're in there you can determine if yours has leaked out all it's fluid, or if you just need to 'wiggle it'.
Steve

User avatar
josh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:44 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 poptop gasser
Location: Vancouver, bC
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by josh » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:22 pm

Are you sure you don't have two of your wheels parked up on a curb? 8-) (oops, am i supposed to be helpful?)

Josh

User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by The Pinkfingers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:46 pm

josh wrote:Are you sure you don't have two of your wheels parked up on a curb? 8-) (oops, am i supposed to be helpful?)

Josh
Doh! *smacks forehead*

User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by The Pinkfingers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:14 pm

snelson wrote:Hey Pink - probably the easiest thing is to just take the thing apart.
Really easy - there's a small plastic flap on the bottom/front that you can remove with your fingers.
Then its just a matter of putting a screw driver to work and pull everything apart, then once you're in there you can determine if yours has leaked out all it's fluid, or if you just need to 'wiggle it'.
Steve
What plastic flap??

I pulled at the rubber cover and it came off with an unfortunate ripping noise, and left some of its foam behind. So now the unit looks like this:
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2253.JPG (62.84 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
This is without the rubber cover.

With the rubber cover above:
IMG_2254.JPG
IMG_2254.JPG (57.93 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
IMG_2252.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG (66.3 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
I still don't see a plastic flap, and now I have to re-glue the cover...

A little help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :-)

User avatar
Adam
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 2:37 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: RIP WVO '91 Super Exceed
Location: Nanaimo, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by Adam » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:29 pm

The plastic molding is at the base of the pod and covers up the screws you need to undo to remove the pod.
Attachments
Delica_Pod_Strip.jpg
Delica_Pod_Strip.jpg (137.94 KiB) Viewed 3977 times
Delica_Pod_2.jpg
Here are some shots of mine partially disassembled:
Delica_Pod_2.jpg (154.07 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
Delica_Pod_1.jpg
Delica_Pod_1.jpg (106.64 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
Image

User avatar
snelson
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 Delica Exceed
Location: Banff
Location: Banff, Alberta

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by snelson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:34 pm

:shock:
Holy Jebus - sorry Pink!!
I guess I should have written GENTLY remove with your fingers... LOL
At least you should be able to just glue that back.....

User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by The Pinkfingers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Well crap.

OK - so how do I get the plastic molding off?

User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by The Pinkfingers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:37 pm

snelson wrote::shock:
Holy Jebus - sorry Pink!!
I guess I should have written GENTLY remove with your fingers... LOL
At least you should be able to just glue that back.....
I was gentle actually. But it was a hot day so it was probably already pretty gummy. Oh well. Live and learn. 8-)

User avatar
snelson
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 Delica Exceed
Location: Banff
Location: Banff, Alberta

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by snelson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Mine just came off with gentle pressure from my fingers. There's only small little clips holding it in place. ONce it's off you'll see the little screws....

User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by The Pinkfingers » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:00 pm

snelson wrote:Mine just came off with gentle pressure from my fingers. There's only small little clips holding it in place. ONce it's off you'll see the little screws....
Yep. Got it off. And it looks like the inclinometer is without fluid. I wonder if I need to buy a new unit?

EDIT: scratch that. When I hold it over my head I see the fluid... and little pieces of plastic floating around in it. Looks like something broke all right, but I have no idea how.

User avatar
jwfchase
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:36 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '92 Super Exceed
Location: Kamloops, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by jwfchase » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:27 am

The Pinkfingers wrote: What plastic flap??

I pulled at the rubber cover and it came off with an unfortunate ripping noise, and left some of its foam behind. So now the unit looks like this:
IMG_2253.JPG

Am I a bad person because I couldn't help myself laughing out loud when I saw this picture? Sorry, just looks like something I might've done myself...

User avatar
The Pinkfingers
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 Exceed
Location: North Van, BC

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by The Pinkfingers » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:49 am

jwfchase wrote:Am I a bad person because I couldn't help myself laughing out loud when I saw this picture? Sorry, just looks like something I might've done myself...
My wife split her sides laughing. Though at first I came inside and she said, "How's it going?" And I replied, "You can go and look if you promise not to get mad." And she gave me that look.

But I glued it back on and so it looks like it did before. No worries. Inclinometer still broken though.

User avatar
mararmeisto
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 am
Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Tacoma
Location: Dartmouth, NS

Re: Inclinometer Repair

Post by mararmeisto » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:27 pm

jwfchase wrote:
The Pinkfingers wrote: What plastic flap??

I pulled at the rubber cover and it came off with an unfortunate ripping noise, and left some of its foam behind. So now the unit looks like this:
IMG_2253.JPG

Am I a bad person because I couldn't help myself laughing out loud when I saw this picture? Sorry, just looks like something I might've done myself...
Sorry, I giggled too, as I thought "Don't pull on THAT part! No, the OTHER part... never mind."

But it does look like you actually got it apart the right way now. If you do refill it with fluid, use something like a light mineral oil. Problem is, if it leaked out in the first place, it probably was the seam around the edge the let go and not the filling port.

Good luck...
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!

Green1
Posts: 3257
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1994 L400 Royal Exceed PF8W
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Contact:

Re: Inclinometer Repair - EDIT: did I just screw up?

Post by Green1 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:07 pm

As the general consensus appears to be that I do not know what I'm talking about, and cause more harm than good, I am removing this post so that others are not tricked in to following my ill-advised instructions.
Last edited by Green1 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “L300 Technical”