Taking a breather

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

aclarker
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L400 Super Exceed

Re: Taking a breather

Post by aclarker »

Jesse,

I have always enjoyed reading your comments. You add a tonne of knowledge and wisdom to my life with my delica.

Clarke
fear4fun
Vehicle: Shopping for 400

Post by fear4fun »

Jesse, great news!

When I was shopping and considering over a year ago, it was you and you alone that took the time to phone me rather than reply vaguely in a thread. You are solely responsible for my commitment to buying a Deli. Any thread that has your name in it is one that I'll read and I always lean to believing what you say over a lot of the other members.

Thanks for sticking it out.
Aciled
Vehicle: 94 L400 SE SWB

Post by Aciled »

This is great news, thanks nxski!

Things will change Jesse, " The People have Spoken!!!"

Ah I love family re-unions...

Ian
naterade
Vehicle: 93 L300 Starwagon Exceed

Post by naterade »

jfarsang wrote:Thanks for the emails guys. I've been persuaded to jump back in. Hopefully, things will change.

I'll continue to do what I've been doing. Being part of the community, contributing to the delica community and above all else, enjoying the delica community. :M

Glad you've changed your mind :-)

Remember, this is a public internet forum for everyone out there - trolls and flamers included. Don't let immaturity and ignorance get to you. The 'real' members of this forum rely on good solid info and truly appreciate the effort that the core members of this site put forth! It's because of members like yourself that more people are inclined to buy a Delica in the first place - without the support from this community a lot of us would be in the dark

Many thanks!!

Nate :M
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

Not quite. I've been posting on expo because I interact with individual members there and there is zero vendor/sales in the member areas.

My couple of cents and it still stands.

Self bumping is not the recurring problem that comes up on delica.ca in the past year. It is a misconception that the admins/moderators are sticking with and just can't seem to look past it.

The self bumping is easily remedied by the moderators which I am very disappointed with the lack of action on the mods part.

The stand-out problem started about a year ago when a few vendors began to integrate their sales into the regular delica.ca member area. The moderators did nothing and it began to become the norm. Earlier this year, it got more frequent and began to annoy regular members (who contribute and see this forum as a resource, not a sales forum).

That was the first time it was voiced in the open forum that certain vendors were posting everywhere frequently to get higher exposure for their business. Regular members who have no financial interest/gain from contributing in this forum were now competing with vendors going wild in the entire forum area, not just in the sales section.

I put the blame solely on the site administrators.

There is no distinction between a forum member (individual) and a forum vendor (business).

In this forum, both are able to post as they like and say what they like.

The repercussions for the individual member go back to the individual member.

The repercussions for the vendor affect all employees and the vendors image.

If this were a workplace, a vendor who would be bumping their own threads, posting sales pitches for their products/services in the main member area and criticizing other individual members would have been fired long ago for not following the vendor rules.

As an example, if I would have created a membership on this site as Government Health Authority and began posting on behalf of my employer, I rightfully would have been fired from my position because I speak my mind freely and I am a very opinionated person (most members know this). This is why I signed up as myself and act solely on my behalf.

Of course, there are no vendor rules. Back to the site admins for not catching this long-time running issue. Some members perceive this issue as a recent one, however those members are relatively new to the site and were not here when the forum was whole.

A professional business should not allow it's employees to use their company name on a public forum and speak their opinions out loud as it may contradict with the business practice of said company. This is standard business practice in north america.

What you do see on forums, clubs and meetings is vendors being solely vendors and not acting like an individual member.

If one employee at a company has a habit of stirring the pot or abusing certain rules on a forum, they would be acting in their own name, not on the company's behalf.

If the admins can nail this on the head and have a vendor section on this forum that restricts vendors in that area, then you may resolve this problem that many are harping about.

Having a vendor roam free on this forum in all areas and not be moderated is no different than a loose cannon in a mall or a bad apple in a bucket.

There is no guideline or area for vendors to chat, provide updates on sales and company changes, inform the forum of any promotions.

By creating delica trader and removing sales from active topics will not change this.

I am past the point of criticizing the dealers as you can see.

My point is that this site needs to be restructured with rules for vendors and an area for vendors only. If an employee of one of the vendors wants to contribute (I say contribute and not make a sales pitch), then join up an as individual and post away.

I hope that this can be done so that all individuals here (including individual vendor employees) can CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COMMUNITY as this is what delica.ca used to be about.

On a personal level, I am contributing more to the delica community outside of this forum (fabrication, mods, technical guidance, sharing ideas, making friends, etc...) because right now as it stands, there is little contribution happening and more sales which is not a true community forum.
nxski
Vehicle: 1991 Delica L300 Super Exceed

Post by nxski »

I will stay out of the majority of this controversial subject. I will repeat what I have done earlier which is wait a little less than a month until the time that change is scheduled to happen. I too feel that business and single persons need to be separate on this forum and that will happen. Change without warning would cause just as many problems.

Patience is a virtue. :-)
Live the life you love, love the life you live...

Had: 1991 Mitsubishi Delica L300 SuperExceed, heavily modified (totalled by a drunk driver)
Have: 2011 Acura CSX manual, lightly modified
Want: Mitsubishi Pajero Evo

http://nes-design-construction.com
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/nicolas-spurling/46/b48/924

Nicola Spurling
jessef

Post by jessef »

nxski wrote:I too feel that business and single persons need to be separate on this forum and that will happen.
Vendors with their own area and not be allowed to post in the main forum ?

This is the first I have heard of this since joining this forum.
nxski
Vehicle: 1991 Delica L300 Super Exceed

Post by nxski »

Don't quote me on this but I believe that sales will not appear in active topics and dealers will be allowed to post in the forum but not in regards to sales!? There is a thread where all of the stages are laid out but I can't search easily on my iPhone.
Live the life you love, love the life you live...

Had: 1991 Mitsubishi Delica L300 SuperExceed, heavily modified (totalled by a drunk driver)
Have: 2011 Acura CSX manual, lightly modified
Want: Mitsubishi Pajero Evo

http://nes-design-construction.com
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/nicolas-spurling/46/b48/924

Nicola Spurling
jessef

Post by jessef »

nxski wrote:dealers will be allowed to post in the forum but not in regards to sales!?
That's how this issue all began and continues. That's the last of it from my opinion though. No need to repeat myself. :-|

Return to “General Discussion”