L400 Frame Rust Removal / Converting / Preventing

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: a

L400 Frame Rust Removal / Converting / Preventing

Postby dr_airtime » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Update - if you watch the videos on Fluid Film undercoating online you'll see that a lot of people are using these fluid film guns with a rubber hose on the end so you can get INSIDE THE FRAME and spray at tricky angles. I spend like 2 hours researching and then figured out that fluid film makes guns and sells kits that are the most reasonably priced.

I ended up buying Kit #2 with 2 gallons of fluid film, the pro gun, a flexible nozzle extension and the $12 pressure regulator. You only need 70-90 psi to spray and apparently an SUV can take about a gallon (same size as Delica) so I got two gallons to be sure. Shelf life on Fluid Film is unlimited. Talked to the FF guys and they highlly reccomended the pressure regulator.

Trick was the Canadian distributor was out of guns. This is the contact for future reference.

I ended up ordering from the US to my Sumas, WA mailbox across the border from fluid film since they don't ship to Canada. You order from here and I got Kit #2 with the pro gun upgrade.

Going to be around CAD 230 all-in, but I'll get a couple undercoats in over, say, 5 years with this. Will be a couple weeks before I'm cross border to pick gun up.

Since it's tough to get this all set-up I'm happy to lend/rent/beer my gun to another local Greater Vancouver L400 owner who also wants to try this out. PM me if you ever want to use it and the message should hit my gmail. I won't be done with my undercoat at this pace until the end of march/start of April.

Return to “L400 Technical”