success... I had a great time, hope you did too.

Adrock
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/

success... I had a great time, hope you did too.

Post by Adrock »

I had an awesome time on this trip. It was awesome to meet everyone and I had an amazing time. There will be another big meet hopefully this summer, further north or on the island, somewhere that a few people won't have to drive as far. I'm so glad the northerners came out.

Its too bad we didn't all get out at the same time, would like to have said bye properly to everyone.

Brett, thanks for organizing the first night of camping, sorry about the lock. Too bad we didn't get to spend a lot of time with you.

Kevin, awesome veggie set up, hopefully i'll see you in the summer and we can install something on mine.

Pete and Jackie it was great to meet you as well, hopefully we'll meet again soon.

pictures are here: viewtopic.php?t=467

Josh if you come down to do the veggie thing let me know. We'll try to make an event of it and get a meet going around the same time.

Get those big wheels on.

Talk to you all soon, can't wait for the next one.
"if its so hard to pull on your knob, put some greese/wd40 on the shaft and pull in and out, that should make it happen for you."
-westcoastnewbie
collector

Post by collector »

Adrock-I have viewed your video (several times) of your "nosedive" down that incline and it makes me wince...You have bigger cojones than I do-if I was the owner of that sweetheart Deli, I think I would have dived out the door and presented my ribcage to make her descent more smoother... :shock: may I please ask what the damage was to your baby?
And if it was extensive, does the local autobody shop provide repairs?
You have a very cool ride, Bro!
josh
Vehicle: L300 poptop gasser

Post by josh »

I'm getting stoked about the vegie thing Adam... are you really going large and putting on the frybird system? I wonder if a few of us together could get a group deal on whomever we got them off of, I know James wants to convert.

As far as wheels, they are on thier way, less than a month for sure. Um, could you take close up pics of your wheel wells so i can compare them to mine for trimming?

Yeah its to bad we didnt have more time and end at the same time for the meet... it was great talking to everyone and I had a blast.

Thanks
Josh
Fishtank
Vehicle: 1994 Spacegear Exceed LWB Tall

Post by Fishtank »

I think if there is enough interest, someone should start a group buy for the Frybrid componenets. I would be very interested in some componenets, if we can get enough of a discount. Count me in for one who wants to convert.
Adrock

Post by Adrock »

collector this is the damage and how I fixed it. My van is not leaving me until I have to be pried from its cold dead hands, so I took the liberty of doing the repair in a way that it would keep it tidy but keep that pesky bumper just a little more out of the way than a shop would.

At least i'll know its mine if it get stolen right?

and guys I went to the frybrid place today, I am going to start designing a tank and building a model out of cardboard to get it custom made. It won't be much mroe expensive and it is really hte only option unless you want to pop a big rectangle in your trunk space, but I'm trying to keep it under the vehicle. However if all of our measurements are the same i'm sure more tanks the same shouldn't be a problem, I'm going to post in the WVO thing about my experience with Chris at frybrid... don't know about group buys, i'll talk to him.
"if its so hard to pull on your knob, put some greese/wd40 on the shaft and pull in and out, that should make it happen for you."
-westcoastnewbie
mitch

Post by mitch »

interested in group frybrid buy as well as install.. have a guy who can do nice stainless or aluminum fab for tanks. let me know how your cardboard model comes along.

Mitch
collector

Post by collector »

Sorry adrock- I assume you meant to post a picture of the front of your van, but I didn't see anything?
Adrock

Post by Adrock »

strange... I was embarrassed at first for forgetting, but as I went to find the link I realized I had done the exact same thing before looking for teh correct thread, so I blame a faulty apple V rather than me just being dumb... here is the link to the thread about my repair job and such

viewtopic.php?t=473
-westcoastnewbie

Return to “Events - BC Lower Mainland”