WVO install on the road on the islands

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

Manitoba Delica
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica P25W

WVO install on the road on the islands

Post by Manitoba Delica »

Hey everyone... I have been tripping around the islands with my family, orchestrating installing my WVO system. Slowly but surely all the components have come together, but I seek a competant guide for the actual day I cut the hoses to make the final hookups. Our travels are taking us from Hornby to Quadra on Monday, then Quadra to Victoria on Thurs/Fri and then on to Sooke around the 18th... If anyone who could help with my install is located at some point in this journey, let me know, because I could adjust our plan to make it work. My huge goal is to drive home to Manitoba on WVO.. I have put on the hitch , and want to get a flat rack to carry a good supply home from here. If anyone has advice on where to get some oil, it would also be appreciated.... Thanks....

MAtthew
Adam
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: RIP WVO '91 Super Exceed

Re: WVO install on the road on the islands

Post by Adam »

Hey Matthew,

If you are passing though Nanaimo this week I could lend a hand, and I have some oil if you need some. I would also like to take a look at that hitch you modified as I bought that same one and am hoping I can make it fit on my van. I have sway bars that run near where you mounted your hitch, so that might be a problem for my install.

-Adam
Adam
Vehicle: RIP WVO '91 Super Exceed

Post by Adam »

Congratulations Matthew on the WVO install. I had my doubts that you'd get it done in the 24 hours you were here, but you dug deep and got 'her done. We now have one more veg burning Delica out there. Here's a shot of Matthew and his family pulling out of my place on veg with their load of WVO.
I don't think it will last you 'til Manitoba, but it should get you to Calgary, or maybe even Regina. Now you just have to find an Albertan/Saskie WVO source.
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

Post by BCDelica »

Big Kudos to Adam for providing the location, experienced assistance, tools and fuel for Matthew's WVO install.

Way to go, good job!

Image Call me BCDelica-less
Delicanagan
Vehicle: 92 delica

Post by Delicanagan »

I gotta second the sentiments sent by BCDelica. Matthew, when I first read your initial post I figured that was a pretty long shot to make that one happen. Adam, I was most impressed when you stood up to that plate and offered the silver platter meal deal. And the pic of the loaded cargo tray tells it all. You guys rocked the Kazbah.

This is one of those stories you read about that makes one recognize the value of a tight knit group of like minded folks who could only have met like this by way of the internet. This makes a "car club" so widespread and diverse it becomes a real big deal. It just blows me away how well it can work when good people get on board to make it so.

Fantastic job Adam and thanks for the renewed faith in humanity. Good job Matthew, you've brought another WVO baby into the world and made for a good story for others to see and learn what community means, no matter where we live.

Cheers guys...fantastic work.

p.s. How did that rack/hitch combo hold up to all that weight? I know they are rated for plenty, but they always seem so overloaded and bouncy to me...I can't seem to trust them. Is it just me?
sean
Vehicle: WVO '91 Super Exceed

Post by sean »

Great to hear it all went off without a hitch...ahh wait a minute there's a pic of a hitch..I'm confused :?

Nice work Adam on lending the expertise. Matthew, sorry I couldn't make my assistance available. Glad we got to chat by phone.
This is one of those stories you read about that makes one recognize the value of a tight knit group of like minded folks who could only have met like this by way of the internet. This makes a "car club" so widespread and diverse it becomes a real big deal. It just blows me away how well it can work when good people get on board to make it so.

The forum does rock :M for collaboration. Using the internet for what it was designed to do. Bringing people together to share knowledge.
Have a great trip back.
Sean :-D
Last edited by sean on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set,I go into the other room and read a book."
Groucho Marx
GREENME@U
Vehicle: Delica star-wagon

Post by GREENME@U »

:-D :-D WOW guys THAT ROCKs good team work! good to here and c, its soothing to the ears and eyes! give yourselfs a pat on the back! i think he might make it out of ab lots of oil!\
CHEERS ;
Marty :M :M :M

Return to “General Discussion”