I crashed my Delica near Creston, BC (Feb 28th, 2022)

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

BurtonMan
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: GMC2500

I crashed my Delica near Creston, BC (Feb 28th, 2022)

Post by BurtonMan »

Greetings,

Well, there is no easy way to say it, but I had an accident with our Deli 8km north of Creston BC, effectively putting it out of commission.

Low speed skid & bump & 180 twist & 90 degree flip on black ice and snow did just enough damage on the front, passenger side and the back, that I have hard time imagining fixing it.

Good news is that there was no incoming car AND we walked away from the accident with virtually no injury, accept a huge bump to my pride for long term spotless driving record.

Also, goid news is that there could be a lot of spare parts available from our Deli ('96, SWB, CLR, 3L gas, white) for others.

As it was flipped to the side, we did not try to start it. The vehicle is not drivable at present condition anyway, and it is currently parked at our recreational property some 12km from Creston.
I took pictures, showing the details.

As it was low level impact, the motor and the power train should be OK. There was no leak I could detect. It seems the front bull bar and bumper absorbed most of the force, the rest was just skidding and it was absorbed by passenger side doors and body panels. Even vast majority of windows are still OK.

I live 300+km away from Creston, therefore I am not keen on starting to partition the vehicle due to long distance.

I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, references to help us to bring this chapter to a best possible end.

By the way, in 2017 I made for our Deli camping modification.......quite versitile combination of a storage, seat, bed, cooking table and stove platform - all quite easy to dismantle. It is still in the vehicle. It proved to be all what we could ask for during our 2 x 6 months camping trips to USA and Mexico, totaling over 45,000km. Photos of the camping modification are also available.

I expect to drive again to Creston by the end of March, most likely will stay a few days there working on the cabin. Cold meet potencial interested parties there.

My contact is:
Email: AverageMan123@gmail.com (Feel free to provide WhatsApp contact)

Thank you.

Be Well,

Den
(Burton, BC)
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

Re: I crashed my Delica near Creston, BC (Feb 28th, 2022)

Post by BCDelica »

Sorry to hear about your Delica

Same averageman that posts to iOverlander?
Image Call me BCDelica-less

Return to “General Discussion”