political candidates rhd

RHD-related issues ONLY please (NOT for general political ads!)
oopsey
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: mitsubishi delica spacegear 94

political candidates rhd

Post by oopsey »

Anyone know if any of the BC candidates are discussing the RHD ban topic?
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Re: political candidates rhd

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

None that I am aware of, although I make it a point whenever I run into one to ask their opinion on this matter. The usual response I get is that of not having thought about it but on the spot come backs are often tongue in cheek like: "Yes, they are very good in England & Australia but took some getting used to driving on the other side of the road". Personally I find that my options as a voter are virtually none existent. We are given the choice of the "Corrupt Party with the Blue & Red banner" and the "Corrupt Party with the Blue & Orange banner". I see so much irresponsible behaviour on all levels of government. It appears to be no longer about responsible government but more about who can smile better and how to line one's pockets with cash prizes, like on a TV game show, come on down! I believe I will spoil my ballot in a long reaching hope that it registers somewhere & with someone. I would like to see a "None of the above" box on the ballot card, then maybe they would be forced to pay some attention if they counted that 60% of the voters had picked "None of the above"

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
bryanc
Vehicle: 91 ecxeed mtl gry over black

Post by bryanc »

By all means spoil your ballot if you must but vote yes for stv ! if nothing else it can't be worse than our current system imo .
kb&2dogs
Vehicle: 89 BushBunny

Post by kb&2dogs »

I think both parties are just too busy smearing each other for all the things they've done wrong or will do wrong that they don't have time for actual issues. I was out driving about the town today and almost every advertising spot on the radio was either about how the Liberals party will drag us through the ditch or the NDP will give everything away. Sheesh!!

Remember, if you don't vote, you can't bitch.

Vote early! Vote often!!
kb&2dogs (one here and one in doggy heaven)
(formerly Kathy Brian Seiko & Tundra)
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

I just got off the phone with Clarie Travena our local NDP MLA, who called me after I asked a campain worker who called last night, and she was not aware of any move to ban our RHD's and said she does not think there is any reason to do so that as long as they are driven safely, like any other car, there is no reason at all why people shouldn't have them. She even made reference to "those 4 wheel drive Mitsubishi vans." I know who I'm voting for tomorrow!
Happy Day!
nishby
Vehicle: '92 Super Exceed

Post by nishby »

FalcoColumbarius wrote:We are given the choice of the "Corrupt Party with the Blue & Red banner" and the "Corrupt Party with the Blue & Orange banner".
Hey, what about the corrupt party with the Green banner? :-( At least give them an equal chance to screw things up. :?

Return to “RHD Political and Legal Matters”