Rising Sun Imports Review

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
volnoir
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 95 L400 Super Exceed

Rising Sun Imports Review

Post by volnoir »

I wanted to wait a while before doing a review of Rising Sun to get a true picture of what it was like to deal with them. There are some mixed reviews on their service, so I thought I would wait to see if I experienced any of them. I figure it has been long enough since my purchase now that I have a pretty decent picture of what it is like to deal with them. Review below:

I bought my Deli from Steven at Rising Sun Imports early Spring this year. After contacting a few dealers via email/phone I felt the most comfortable with Steven. At the time he didn't have anything in stock that matched what I was looking for (L400v1, high crystal light roof, short wheel base, dark solid color). I gave him a deposit to start a search in Japan for what I was looking for (if on purchase, the deposit would come off the purchase price).

About a week later I noticed a posting on Delica Trader from RSI of a Deli in transit that matched exactly what I was looking for (not sure why he didn't contact me, but maybe he missed it). I emailed Steven, and asked what the status was, and if this was in line with what I had told him. He said it was, so after checking over the auction papers, I agreed to purchase the van.

A couple weeks later the van was in Vancouver and all street ready and cleaned right up. I had a 3rd party done at CVI and apart from a few very minor issues (which RSI fixed) the van was as described. I went ahead with the purchase and don't regret in the least going with Rising Sun.

I have returned to Steven for a few minor repairs and service since then. He has been clear on price and service, and responsive whenever I contact him. On a major road trip this summer (Vancouver to Montreal via Texas), I had used up all the oil filters I had taken with me. While getting my oil changed in Montreal I called Steven for help on what oil filters would fit the van. Within 20 minutes he sent me an email with 8 different filters that would fit that I could give to the shop, and I was able to get the van ready for the long drive across Canada home.

I know on here there are pretty mixed reviews of RSI, and I just wanted to say I haven't experienced any of the negative feedback people have posted. So overall, my experience with RSI has been positive, and am happy they were able to get me into the Delica I was looking for, in such great shape.
403delica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: LWB L400

Re: Rising Sun Imports Review

Post by 403delica »

I have been dealing with Steven for the last couple of months and he has been great! very good on price point and service... i have started ordering parts from him due to another dealer being to expensive on part purchases. He has been great!

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”