Japa-NOT!

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
Morganizer
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 Turbo Diesel Low Roof

Japa-NOT!

Post by Morganizer »

When I first bought my Delica L300 last year, I took it to Japanoid in New Westminster to have 3 things done:

1) change the headlights to North American ones
2) re-attach the reflector strip across the back hatch, which was dangling by the lights on one side (several plastic clips broken)
3) replace the passenger door lock, which had been damaged in a break-in attempt

Well two out of three ain't bad...but zero out of three is terrrible!

1) the aim of the headlights was so far off it made bizarre triangular shapes on the ground in front of the van. I re-aimed them myself, with no prior experience, and got it better than the mechanic did.
2) they forgot to plug in one of the lights in the reflector strip. And the reflector strip fell off 4 days later, despite the mechanic's assurance that the 3M tape they use "will never come off again".
3) they replaced the lock with a used one, obvious because the o-ring that seals it against the door was cracked. I'm sure water gets past it when it rains and is rusting my door from the inside.

I phoned Japanoid 4 times on 4 different days and no one picked up the phone. I left a detailed message and didn't get a call back.

I'm pretty steamed about them charging me $500 for work I had to redo myself, and not being available to even discuss the matter. Two thumbs down for Japanoid.

The mechanic was so nice too. I asked him to, while he had the door apart replacing the lock, put some grease on the window mechanism. It runs smoother than the other side now, so to his credit he remembered that.

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”