Big bouquet for Silk Road Auto

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
SquamptonRyan
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Toyota Hilux 2.8 Quad Cab

Big bouquet for Silk Road Auto

Post by SquamptonRyan »

Hello all!

After the sale of my beloved L300 last year, I entered the world of new car ownership (Tacoma) and all the BS that goes with it.

So I'm back to the world of RHD and pulling up to the yellow pump with my recent purchase of a 1996 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G. It has the 3.0L intercooled turbo engine, and is a wonderful rig to drive.

I got it thru karim at Silk Road. Yes I did read the mixed reviews on here first, but I followed my instinct (along with all the good reviews) and, after Edwin at CVI gave a huge thumbs up after an inspection, I bought the hilux and couldn't be happier.

My impression of Silk Road Autos is a no BS, nothing to hide small time dealership. After spending time in the huge toyota showrooms, Karims small office, stacked with all sorts of parts and pieces, and a huge cute lab, was a very welcome change. While they may not spend time and money on fancy showrooms and offices, they do import beautiful JDM's. Before settling on the hilux, we looked thru 2 pajeros, a landcruiser, and challenger and a few L400's on his lot, and they were all in amazing condition.

my advice is, if you're looking for a new ride, at least go meet the guys at Silk Road and have a chat. They are true, honest, funny and sincere. A very welcome change to most dealerships out there!

Look out for a hilux approaching quickly from behind!

Cheers
Ryan
lopar
Vehicle: L400 (soon)

Re: Big bouquet for Silk Road Auto

Post by lopar »

SquamptonRyan wrote:After the sale of my beloved L300 last year, I entered the world of new car ownership (Tacoma) and all the BS that goes with it.
Ironically, I am going down this same path, I must sell my beloved L400 (likely posted to Quebec :-( ) and I am looking at getting a 2007-2009 Tacoma, looks like a decent rig / size for all I do and good for kids in the back (2 and 4 years old). While I can not escape leaving the RHD world (until i return to BC) is there something about Tacomas that I should be aware of?

of course if anybody is interested............ $11800 for me awesome rig, see delica trader for more info / specs. One time, very short notice Christmas special, $10,000 straight up if I can have a buyer next 48 hrs (found a vehicle that I want that I would have to buy now as well, never go this low again) I am in Courtenay but willing to meet someone in Nanaimo.
Attachments
5.JPG
5.JPG (42.61 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (52.82 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
lopar
Vehicle: L400 (soon)

Post by lopar »

SquamptonRyan wrote:After the sale of my beloved L300 last year, I entered the world of new car ownership (Tacoma) and all the BS that goes with it.
Ironically, I am going down this same path, I must sell my beloved L400 (likely posted to Quebec :-( ) and I am looking at getting a 2007-2009 Tacoma, looks like a decent rig / size for all I do and good for kids in the back (2 and 4 years old). While I can not escape leaving the RHD world (until i return to BC) is there something about Tacomas that I should be aware of?

of course if anybody is interested............ $11800 for me awesome rig, see delica trader for more info / specs. One time, very short notice Christmas special, $10,000 straight up if I can have a buyer next 48 hrs (found a vehicle that I want that I would have to buy now as well, never go this low again) I am in Courtenay but willing to meet someone in Nanaimo.
SquamptonRyan
Vehicle: 1992 Toyota Hilux 2.8 Quad Cab

Post by SquamptonRyan »

lopar wrote:is there something about Tacomas that I should be aware of?
Nothing in particular, they are great trucks for sure. I just really don't like cars that try to do all the thinking for you. i.e. computer matching revs for downshifting, way over anxious ABS, ect ect ect.

not to mention fuel economy. Oh dear god. The hilux has just as much power to weight as the tacoma but burns nearly half as much fuel. If you do get a tacoma, go with a 4cyl for sure! (mine was the 6)

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”