Who knows what this photo is of?

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
Off Piste
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Super Exceed L300

Who knows what this photo is of?

Post by Off Piste »

Hi I've had my Deli for 9 months now and after some solid road trips it's time to dig around and add some things.
My Deli never came with fog lights so I picked some up. I heard that the '91 Super Exceeds came pre-wired for the addition of fog lights and
there might be some wires coiled up under the dash.[img]
I found this rats nest under the dash and wondered hmmm. What is this plug for , maybe my foglights.. So I pulled it out.
I found this rats nest under the dash and wondered hmmm. What is this plug for , maybe my foglights.. So I pulled it out.
photo.JPG (92.27 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
[/img]

I took a look under the dash and found this black box. Any one have any ideas? I figure it's an Aux Box.

Originally I was planning to wire the fog lights( 2x 50w Halogen ) like this;
Splice Positives into headlight low beam power then from the relay run the power to the battery through a dash switch.
I'm a little new to wiring but my thinking is that if the fog lights are on via the switch they will turn off when highbeams are selected and
also when the Deli shuts off.

Could I skip these steps with the " Magic Box " ? and either plug into this or use the black and white wires for the fog lights? I'll check them if they have power.

I'm also looking to add some reverse lights because I can't see a thing a night. Maybe a camera later but 2 bumper lights
for now. I'm planning the same wiring set up. Splice into the reverse lights wire only if I run Led reverse lights or maybe Halogens and
then I think I need to run relay/switch with power from the reverse lights and also another one to the battery.

Question: What is the best way to wire to the battery? Just run it under the connection right on the positive battery post? Or is there a better splitter type connector to add?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
After pulling I found this box? My Japanese is not that good but maybe it's an auxiliary magic box??
After pulling I found this box? My Japanese is not that good but maybe it's an auxiliary magic box??
photo-1.JPG (98.14 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
deli1733
Vehicle: 1991 L-300 94 Pajero LWB

Re: Who knows what this photo is of?

Post by deli1733 »

If its under the dash it could have been for an old navi kit in Japan. My old van also came with a glove box full of wiring for one. I'm pretty sure all 91s came with fog lights stock tho
Off Piste

Post by Off Piste »

Thanks for the reply. I pulled it out from under the Steering wheel. My '91 Super Exceed doesn't have any fog lights but I'm guessing that one of the wires might be for the fog lights. I'll see if I can translate the writing on the box to english somehow.

I think it's a 20 year old remote starter module. Anyone know where I might find the plug connections for adding fog lights to my '91 Super Exceed?
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

deli1733 wrote: I'm pretty sure all 91s came with fog lights stock tho
Pretty sure you could get em with or without - my 92 never had them...
Happy Day!
Tojo
Vehicle: Delica L400 Super Exceed LWB

Post by Tojo »

I think you've found an old alarm system:

1. Door open
2. imobi A (not sure what that means, but probably a shortened version of something like "immobilize")
3. Alternator
4. Door unlock
5. con-light-cancel (not completely sure because of the resolution)
6. foot break
7. imobi B
8. auto-keyless
9. door lock
10. (not sure, too hard to read)
1993 Delica L300, SWB, LSD, Super Exceed with Crystal-Lite, mostly stock but it's got a digital EGT!!!
1995 Delica L400, LWB, Super Exceed with Crystal-lite, Airlift airbags, SS intercooler pipes, soon to be WVO
1997 Isuzu ELF 2.0Ton Crane truck, 4300cc diesel, NKR66E
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

If the wiring for the fog lights is there it will probally be hiding behind the foglight switch plug cover on the right side of the dash . The mitsu original foglight switch has a fuse holder attached to it for the foglights.The dash hole for the switch is not a standard size so you kinda need to get a original mitsubishi switch. Tapping into the low beams won't work the way you want it to because they stay on with the high beams. Mitsuibshi wires them in with the marker lights . Cheers Jay Tardis Deli.
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.
Off Piste

Post by Off Piste »

Thanks Tojo for the translation. I thought it might be a remote starter, I've now removed it and have some left over
wire harnesses.

Hi Jay and Christine,
Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look behind the dash for some fog light wires.
My low beams shut off when the high beams are switched on. Tying the fog lights into the low beam power should
allow me to switch them on and off on low beams and they should auto switch off when the high beams come on...yes??

I could tie them into the marker lights but I think they would still be powered if on and high beams are switched on?

Am I way off?

I also checked the wire harness I pulled off the " black box ". A few wires are powered on and off when the Deli is running.
Is it bad idea to run power from these?

Thanks everyone for the info.
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Use relays that way the power does not feed back to the low beams or marker lights come on also prevents the head light switch from burning out with the extra load. Look for the foglight wiring plug directly behind the ''foglight switch dummy cover'' on the right side of the dash. Cheers Jay Tardis Deli
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.

Return to “L300 Technical”