rear climate questions

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
coaxial

rear climate questions

Post by coaxial »

On a recent trip underneath my delica I noticed a couple things on the rear heater. I took this picture looking straight up approx below the rear climate controls, where the rear climate fan is.

That foam in that opening there, is it supposed to seal those two pieces? should I seal it? When the rear fan is running I can feel air coming from it underneath the van.

Also those broken plastic clips in the middle lower half of the photo.. any idea what those are? did something important used to live there :o
rlsimpso
Vehicle: 89 Mitsu Van/Wagon LS X2

Re: rear climate questions

Post by rlsimpso »

You could seal it with closed cell marine foam. It is used to seal hatches. I found some at a hardware store in a roll for sealing windows.

That looks slightly different the mine (Mine is covered in underbody coating though). Do you have air conditioning? Those clips may be for retaining the refrigerant lines on AC equipped models. I'll take a look under mine if it warms up a bit.
sparky01
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica L400

Post by sparky01 »

Hey guys, I have the exact same problem. I also see that the foam that helps seal the heater/blower and a/c units to the apertures on the van body have also fallen apart. Seems that both units need to be temporarily removed so that all the foam can be replaced. Using closed cell marine foam sounds like a great idea.

How did it go?

Any tips how I temporarily remove those units? Or can I do it without disconnecting/draining the a/c line or the hot water line? I don't fully understand how the system works so at the moment and until I have more info I would be foolish to start disconnecting hoses. Also I can't seem to find any specs on that part of the vehicle???

Cheers
Geoff
bionic
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 delica exceed

Post by bionic »

I used canopy seal tape almost two years ago and its still holding up just fine. The temps dont get much above 170 around the housing so no worries.

Return to “L300 Technical”