Kamloops Princess Auto Grand Opening Meet - 11am, 26 Feb 2011

lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Re: Kamloops Princess Auto Grand Opening Meet - 11am, 26 Feb

Post by lrp374 »

STORMTROOPER wrote:Looks like Princess auto store is open today. Free coffee and donuts and a draw for a hundred dollars gift card. I'll probably be there all day. Maybe buy myself a gift?? Jg
Dam I didn't check until this afternoon. I phoned and they close @ 4:30 today so I couldn't make it. I'll be there tomorrow for sure. Hope you won the $ 100.

Larry
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

I just returned from my second trip to PA. I was informed we have the second of the new generation PA stores. I does look a little different, has more space etc. but still has the same great stuff. I didn't see you there today Stormtrooper! I've rationed my next visit until Saturday when I hope to help my son-in-law spend his gift certificate and more. (It's always more fun spending someone elses money especially if you get to use the stuff they buy.)
almac
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '91 Delica "Tessen"

Post by almac »

Free hat given to first 500 customers at your local store on Feb22! :-D

too bad, i'll be in school then... :-( :cry:
Roads!? Who the hell needs roads!?,
al
91' Delica "Tessen", 5spd, RS9000XLs, camperized.
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

The first 1000 get free hats here as well as coffee and donuts till 10:00 AM. Good to here your new career has started, I guess I can take you off the maybe list for our meet on Sat.26.
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Well we are less than a week from the PA meet in Kamloops. I have now checked out the store in detail and can provide a location for most things that owners may want. ( They have a bunch of remote starters in the surplus area for $50 that are made to be used with diesels and have a start delay and turbo cool-down timer setting.) We have lost Ol'Lefty to helping a friend move but as far as I know everyone else is coming. A quick look @ the Weather Network indicates it may be a brisk morning as it could be -15 to -20 overnight on Friday. Should be close to 0 by 11 AM. Do you have a block heater Paul?

For those who might want to do the Kamloops tour if you have a GMRS radio bring it along. I have a couple and could loan one if their were questions along the way. Mine are set to 6 15 so any units set to that should work.

The contact list below comes partially from one assembled by Trialsmaster2 for a meet Nov. 2009 and various unscientific search methods available. I'm sure I don't have everyone so if you know a local who may want to come or as we've said before – others who “Drive on the Right” let them know or bring them along if your coming. In addition, if you know others in the area who might like to get put on the list for future interior meets please PM me or add it to the event notice.

The outcome of PM's etc. is as follows:

Coming:
Trialsmaster2, Bessie the Mud Slayer, Mararmesito, Lrp374, Stormtrooper

Replied and not coming:
Almac, Bigdeal, Cloudmountain, Fishtank, jwfchase, toadinahole, Ol'Lefty

Haven't replied:
chrisbouchard, DelicaFreaka, heliddawg, psilosin, Rick Primus, visotsky

Haven't viewed PM:
aaron63, Delicanagan, dharmadelica, Freeheelsteve, Kamloopsmom, Leafster, Plantdrive, raven8r

In addition to those who fit nicely into groups we have Dennis Lambert who may show up if the new baby arrived on time and TAIT if the in laws don't.
jwfchase
Vehicle: '92 Super Exceed

Post by jwfchase »

I'll be there after all Larry!
trialsmaster2
Vehicle: 93 Green/Light Gold Exceed

Post by trialsmaster2 »

Sounds good, Jamie!
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

I was out to Princess Auto for the real Grand Opening today. What a zoo. They opened @ 7:00 AM and before 9:00 AM had given away 1000 hats to people walking through the door. I got there about 8:20 so was lucky enough to get a hat which will be on view Saturday.
Jamie has been able to rearrange work to be @ the meet which brings us back to 5 Delicas and a Paj. We will also sport @ least 3 navigators and possibly 1 or more back seat drivers.

I'll bring my GPS, several maps, tow rope, shovels and Sat. phone for those who want to go check out the Kamloops countryside with Trialsmaster2 and myself.

Congrats on the new addition Dennis hopefully we'll see you @ the next meet.

Coming as of today:

Trialsmaster2, Bessie the Mud Slayer, Mararmesito, Lrp374, Stormtrooper and jwfchase.
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

jwfchase wrote:I'll be there after all Larry!
Yeah! See you there. :-D
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Don't forget the free stickers Paul as I believe they will be a hot item.
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

A quick update for tomorrow's meet.
- Stormtrooper has a work deadline and can't make it tomorrow.
- for those of you who don't follow the weather it's going to be COLDDDDD. Only a high of -5 and Valleyview area can be very windy. Today is -25 with the windchill. Looks like we picked the coldest Saturday of February for the meet. More useless info - the record high temperature in February is +17 and -25 the low.
- those with GMRS radios you may want to bring them just for the meet in case we sit in our vans and talk rather than stand outside.

See everyone @ 11:00 AM

Larry
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

It's not so cold here in Merritt right now - potty stop for the dog.
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
trialsmaster2

Post by trialsmaster2 »

Chalan and I had a great time at the meet today. That Princess Auto is pretty slick! Thanks for the backroads tour, Larry. Nice to meet everyone today.
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Well our first Kamloops meet unfortunately resulted in the same turnout as Trialsmaster2 had for the meet in Vernon(4). We even had to have an import from the Island to make our quorum. The ugly weather made the outside portion of the meet fairly short but we did compare heat output from the rear heaters while huddled in a Delica comparing notes. The greatest surprise was to find out Paul had never been to a Princess Auto. Luckily we had some time for him to have a quick look around and of course spend a few bucks. (Paul was actually quite good for the Kamloops economy.) In addition, I think Triamaster2 will sport a new 2.5” exhaust in the near future after some gentle prodding for those present. Now the only decision is side or rear.

Trialsmaster2, Mararmeisto ( both c/w navigators) and myself went on a short drive through the backroads southeast of Kamloops to show Paul a number of great properties he could purchase for a summer home. In turn he showed us a few drift moves on corners and cattlegaurds. I think on the next trip he may want to get a set of stilts for his dog if he wants it to have any real off road experience.

Thanks to all who showed up and to Paul for the free stickers.

Larry
trialsmaster2

Post by trialsmaster2 »

Thanks again for organizing this meet, Larry!

Here are some pictures from it... I took the still shots, and my wife took the driving action shots :-)

Complete gallery can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trialsmast ... 161114540/

Beware of guard dog :M

Our inspiration for getting a side exhaust!

Some of the large birds of prey we found while exploring.

It sure was nice having Larry guiding us around and letting us know about the different areas over the walkie talkie

Some kind of old homestead or something in the middle of nowhere. Pretty cool find!

Weiner dogs aren't built for deep snow, but that didn't stop Paul's pup from trying!

Return to “Events - Other BC”