Kamloops Princess Auto Grand Opening Meet - 11am, 26 Feb 2011

lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Kamloops Princess Auto Grand Opening Meet - 11am, 26 Feb 2011

Post by lrp374 »

I now have the word official from Princess Auto. They will have a 'soft' opening on Feb 16 and the 'Grand Opening' will be Feb 24. I don't see a lot of people being there on a Thursday so I thought Saturday Feb 26 would be appropriate. Is anyone interested in a get together and a tour of the new facilities? I would think either late morning or early afternoon should work.

I can provide a map for anyone who wants to come that doesn't know where the East Trans-Canada highway is in Kamloops.

Larry
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Re: Grand Opening Meet February 26, 2011

Post by mararmeisto »

:M We're in! :-D

See everybody there. 8-)
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
trialsmaster2
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 93 Green/Light Gold Exceed

Post by trialsmaster2 »

Sounds like a good excuse for a Delica meet and a trip out to Kamloops! The wife and I plan on making it down for this one :M

Aaron
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

lrp374 wrote:I now have the word official from Princess Auto. They will have a 'soft' opening on Feb 16 and the 'Grand Opening' will be Feb 24. I don't see a lot of people being there on a Thursday so I thought Saturday Feb 26 would be appropriate. Is anyone interested in a get together and a tour of the new facilities? I would think either late morning or early afternoon should work.

I can provide a map for anyone who wants to come that doesn't know where the East Trans-Canada highway is in Kamloops.

Larry
You'll want to firm up an itinerary sooner than later, so those who are willing to come will know time and the such. Also, are we just going to hang out in the parking lot, or will there be some direct interaction with the store (i.e. there is a potential for sponsorship). Open it up to the whole RHD community (not just Delicas and the like) - let's see if we can get some Skylines or Patrols or Elfs or Sambas to show up as well.

Also, if anyone from the Vancouver-area is considering attending this, then I'd like to get together with them, either on the way there or on the way back to the Island.

Just some thoughts... :-)
JPL
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

Larry told me I could post this PM for him. Also, he's got a list of about 20-names-long of JDMs in Interior who he'll contact to see if they might attend.

"I am attempting to organize a Delica/JDM meet to coincide with the opening of Princess Auto in Kamloops. For those that may not have had the good fortune to spend time in PA it is a great place to find items you may need for mods to your Deli or tools, lights almost anything you can imagine. They define themselves as “ The Unique World of Princess Auto”. If you need HDMI cables, welders, hose or a pair of gloves they usually have it @ a good price. ( You'd think I worked their or had shares by those comments. Instead I give them money over and over again.)

They are located in the old Kmart Plaza in Valleyview. It's right on the ETCH and easily visible. They have a huge parking lot and I would suggest we park adjacent to the highway for all to see. I believe the meet should start @ 11:00 AM which will give Mararmeisto from Victoria, who has already said he'll be here, time to get back to the coast in the early evening.

After our meet, greet and inspections as well as the trip to the store we could meet @ one of the restaurants in the area for lunch and further discussions if desired. We could even have an informal parade around town.

I know Interior meets have been difficult to arrange in the past as I'm sure Trialsmaster2 ( Aaron), jwfchase ( Jamie) and Dennis Lambert can attest. This may be no different but if we don't try again it will never happen. We have a good start with 3 already confirmed and nearly a month to go. Please contact others you think may be interested and see if we can Exceed or Super Exceed the 3 or 4 guys that typically show up for meets.

Please give me some indication of interest and if the lunch afterward would be a good idea. If so I'll arrange to reserve an area so we could all be together.

Larry"
JPL
STORMTROOPER
Vehicle: delica spacegear l400 exeed

Re: Kamloops Princess Auto Grand Opening Meet - 11am, 26 Feb

Post by STORMTROOPER »

please count me in .. i am just as excited to see PA as other deli owners.. jg
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Hey Paul:
Do you still have a supply of Mitsumaples and Mitsu-Flags you could bring up to the meet?

We're now up to 5 Delica's, a new record if all show up.

Larry
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

lrp374 wrote:Hey Paul:
Do you still have a supply of Mitsumaples and Mitsu-Flags you could bring up to the meet?

We're now up to 5 Delica's, a new record if all show up.

Larry
I'll bring what I have left, and they'll be free of charge to all who show at this meet!
JPL
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Free stickers - how could anyone resist!! We have more inside info as STORMTROOPER now has someone on the inside and shelves are being stocked as I type this info. To add to knowledge I stopped by the parking lot today to take a picture of the progress.
Attachments
Princess Auto.jpg.jpg
Princess Auto.jpg.jpg (68.2 KiB) Viewed 13468 times
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

In talking with Larry, it sounds like we're up to half-a-dozen units - that's great! I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Interior crew.

Any Lower Mainlanders thinking of making the trek inland? It would be good to have some support from the big city.
JPL
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

I have reply's from some of the PM's and others who are not to active have yet to read theirs. It looks like we will have a decent turn out of about 5 Delicas as well as Paul with his Paj. I also have indication that as many as 3 other Delicas could show up if the stars are aligned properly.

We still have 2 weeks for those who are uncertain if they are able to come. To date their doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in a formal get together after the meet. It appears the informal parade/tour is of some interest. I have plotted out a potential route around the city to give those from out of town a better idea of what Kamloops is about. The route is about 40 km and would take about an hour. Any comments?

To date the committed are:

Trialsmaster2
Bessie the Mud Slayer
Mararmesito
Lrp374
Stormtrooper
Ol'Lefty

Trialsmaster2, Bessie the Mud Slayer, Mararmeisto and Ol'Lefty include a navigator. That's good as if they get bored with our nattering they can discuss navigator items which could keep us all on track.

Remember the meet begins @ 11:00 AM on February 26, 2011 @ the Princess Auto parking lot.

Larry
jwfchase
Vehicle: '92 Super Exceed

Post by jwfchase »

AAAARRGHGHGHGH!!!! I have to work that day- maybe I can find a way though... :?
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

jwfchase wrote:...maybe I can find a way though... :?
Extended lunch? Or we could drive to where you work afterwards.
JPL
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

A map of the PA location is on their web site http://www.princessauto.com just look under locations for Kamloops.

Larry
STORMTROOPER
Vehicle: delica spacegear l400 exeed

Post by STORMTROOPER »

Looks like Princess auto store is open today. Free coffee and donuts and a draw for a hundred dollars gift card. I'll probably be there all day. Maybe buy myself a gift?? Jg

Return to “Events - Other BC”