When Is The Next Meet for VanIsle?

Johnny&Ruby
Vehicle: 92 SuperExceed / jade over grey

When Is The Next Meet for VanIsle?

Post by Johnny&Ruby »

We're new Deli fanatics... just completed Day 2 with our new baby! Wondering when the next meet on the Island is gonna be? Big, small, mid-sized, north, south, points between... it don't matter, we gonna show! Well, work schedule permitting. Let us know!
Last edited by Johnny&Ruby on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott & Sasha aka. Johnny & Ruby
"Juniper" -- 92 Mitsubishi Delica Super Exceed
crystal-lite roof, jade over grey
k8bloomer
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed Grey over Grey

Re: When Is The Next Meet for VanIsle?

Post by k8bloomer »

Hey S&S

The strand below you is the possible makings of a meet in May. Your in the right area here on the forum. I just keep checking new posts to see what transpires.
Cheers! K8
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

There are a couple of us planning on going to a RHD gathering this Friday night, 11 April, 21hr, at the Tim Hortons near Save On Foods (the grocery store, not the arena).
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
Johnny&Ruby

Post by Johnny&Ruby »

I know the one! That's where I pick up people for my car pool. See y'all at 9 Friday!
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

mararmeisto wrote:There are a couple of us planning on going to a RHD gathering this Friday night, 11 April, 21hr, at the Tim Hortons near Save On Foods (the grocery store, not the arena).
So we didn't 'exactly' fit in last night, but it was still fun to go anyway. About half dozen Skylines, a few Civics and then a smattering of other things: Nissan 300ZX (both a left and a right-hand drive); a Barracuda slowly cruised through at one point 8-) ; a big ol' Dart with huge rear tires rumbled in (looked like if he stomped on it, the rear end would squat right onto those fatties and make a nasty rubbin'); a few VW buses; a Mercury Villager with some sweet rims and dual side exhaust :?:; a number of pick up trucks (various makes) all dressed up; and a couple of mudders on the end (I'm thinking that is where we were supposed to park, but we had got there early and lined-up right in the middle of the lot). One of us overheard another woman telling a new arrival that she couldn't "park near us, you have to put 'that' over there with the rest of them" :x (it was another Civic or something).

It was cool to look at all the mods under the hoods (course we couldn't 'pop' our hoods and display - just not the same with a cab-over) and in the dash (some awesome stereo systems - much more than most of us would put into our Delicas) and listen to all the swagger and this person saying how they "'took someone the other night," "can you believe he wants to race for money next weekend," "gonna put another something-or-another in next paycheque," etc, etc, etc. Kind of reminded me of the cruising movies of the decades gone by. I spent about half an hour talking one fellow who was going on about his Jeep and how he'd disconnected a lot of the 'useless' computer controls, got more power, better climbing ability, greater clearance, etc.

Oh yes, and Johnny & Ruby grilled the other three of us (FalcoColumbarius, delica304 and myself) on everything - I think they're going to be busy this weekend. Good to meet you, and hope to see you both again.

Don't know that I would make it a weekly thing, this cruisin' at the Timmies, but something like once a month could be fun. I got a couple of ideas for sound systems, but I don't think I'm going to pour nearly as much money into Moon Machine as some of them. As I was telling the one guy he needed a bigger alternator to keep his lights from dimming when his music went 'thump' that we were looking for the same thing for our vans - in order to put in inverters for plugs for our power tools and microwaves and laptops, etc. He grinned and nodded his head along with me, both of us for different reasons.
JPL
delica 304
Vehicle: 1992 delica GLX

Post by delica 304 »

mararmeisto wrote: So we didn't 'exactly' fit in last night, but it was still fun to go anyway.
well, next time we could try to fit in by racing each other down the street like the kids were doing!
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

delica 304 wrote:
mararmeisto wrote: So we didn't 'exactly' fit in last night, but it was still fun to go anyway.
well, next time we could try to fit in by racing each other down the street like the kids were doing!
Does yours go faster because it has a Ralli /// Art sticker on the side?
JPL
delica 304

Post by delica 304 »

Nope, it goes faster 'cause it's got the fancy rims!

Then again, yours is sponsored by the Canadian and Japanese space agencies!
GREENME@U
Vehicle: Delica star-wagon

Post by GREENME@U »

delica 304 wrote:Nope, it goes faster 'cause it's got the fancy rims!

Lmao well well time to get a super charger! :o :o :-D :M
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

GREENME@U wrote:
delica 304 wrote:Nope, it goes faster 'cause it's got the fancy rims!

Lmao well well time to get a super charger! :o :o :-D :M
Screw super chargers - I'm going to get some of my Air Force buddies to send me some JATO bottles to attach to the side of the Moon Machine.
450px-JATO_Bottle.jpg
450px-JATO_Bottle.jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 7397 times
If it can do this with a C-130 Hercules air craft, surely it could get a 2-tonne Delica off the ground!
JPL
GREENME@U
Vehicle: Delica star-wagon

Post by GREENME@U »

8-) Wow J.Paul that realy bring's a new meaning of ZOOM ZOOM! lol ill stick to my skis when i go mock chickin :o :-D :-D lol. Cool Youtube vid....i hope u seen that rocket motor where it was suppost to be! Cheers;

:M :o Marty :o :M
Johnny&Ruby

Post by Johnny&Ruby »

mararmeisto wrote:If it can do this with a C-130 Hercules air craft, surely it could get a 2-tonne Delica off the ground!
Yeah, but then they're scraping you off the side of a mountain like that Darwin Award winner.

Ruby suggests linking 2 Delicas side-by-side and then strapping the rocket pods on the outside. So then you'd have a 4 ton super-vehicle and perhaps less actual-take-off-with-mountain-smashie action and more on-the-road-super-speed action.

I just like to say 'action' a lot. Shoulda been a director, get me some of that directorial action.
loki
Vehicle: 1994 Delica Royal Exceed

Post by loki »

Johnny&Ruby wrote:
mararmeisto wrote:If it can do this with a C-130 Hercules air craft, surely it could get a 2-tonne Delica off the ground!
Yeah, but then they're scraping you off the side of a mountain like that Darwin Award winner.

Ruby suggests linking 2 Delicas side-by-side and then strapping the rocket pods on the outside. So then you'd have a 4 ton super-vehicle and perhaps less actual-take-off-with-mountain-smashie action and more on-the-road-super-speed action.

I just like to say 'action' a lot. Shoulda been a director, get me some of that directorial action.
I used to think that rocket car story was true

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/jato.asp
delica 304

Post by delica 304 »

here's a rocket story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tr8_4AXGs8

Spoiler: rocket ski mini
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

delica 304 wrote:here's a rocket story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tr8_4AXGs8

Spoiler: rocket ski mini
I especially like when it 'crashes' into the barrier at the bottom. Okay, yes, 'crashing' would be a relative adjective... I just about fell off my chair laughing.
JPL

Return to “Events - BC Vancouver Island”