Say hello to the new Mud Monkey (Long overdue updates on P8)

Driving a shiny 91 Delica Super Exceed? This is the section to show and tell!
josh
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 poptop gasser

Re: Say hello to the new Mud Monkey (this one is for keeps!)

Post by josh »

Bruce,

You can stop your begging... i have finally decided that you are allowed to do that to mine as well. No need to thank me, i know how much that means to you. So when are you flying over to do it? 8-)

Top notch job Bruce. I am always amazed by how slick and profesional you do things. Not an ounce of redneck in you at all. You would put me to shame.

Josh
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Post by mararmeisto »

josh wrote:...i have finally decided that you are allowed to do that to mine as well...

Josh
Hey! hey! hey! now wait a minute Josh... I offered for him to do me first! :?
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

mararmeisto wrote:
josh wrote:...i have finally decided that you are allowed to do that to mine as well...

Josh
Hey! hey! hey! now wait a minute Josh... I offered for him to do me first! :?
Sorry chaps.

Bruce was practically begging me to touch Granola and start working on him, so it looks like Bruce will dedicate most of his spare time in Canuck-land to Granola. :-D

Thanks Bruce. I'll make sure I send over some kokanee ranger beer for the lady while you're over here working on Granola.

Hopefully it won't take too long to get through my whole wish list of custom mod's. Maybe a month or two tops. :wink:
Mystery Machine

Post by Mystery Machine »

Well it looks like I'll be having a working 'holiday' when I fly out to see you guys again? 8-)

I don't mind though...within a few hours of getting off the plane last time, Adrock had me lifting his Deli, cutting the arches/fenders etc...

Glad you like the work so far. Just wait 'til you see what else I'm working on at the moment for the poor M/Monkey! :twisted:

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it.
L300 Mystery Machine (High Altitude Edition 8-) )
L300 MudMonkey ($400 bargain banger!! :!: )

mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

Mystery Machine wrote:Well it looks like I'll be having a working 'holiday' when I fly out to see you guys again? 8-)

I don't mind though...within a few hours of getting off the plane last time, Adrock had me lifting his Deli, cutting the arches/fenders etc...

Glad you like the work so far. Just wait 'til you see what else I'm working on at the moment for the poor M/Monkey! :twisted:

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate it.
BTW Bruce, how's your model coming along? Putting any time into those?
JPL
Mystery Machine

mararmeisto wrote:BTW Bruce, how's your model coming along? Putting any time into those?
Yeah - I just about managed to find some time to put it back in the box where it has stayed ever since! :-(

Playing with the full sized things is taking up all my spare time at the moment - I'm currently trying to make sense of all this lot as part of the next 'mod' :shock:

Lots of testing and swapping of wires, but it should be pretty special once its all worked out!

mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

Whatcha doin'? Looks like you're really gettin' into the weeds there...
JPL
Mystery Machine

What with lots of work on and getting frustrated with electronics, little has happened on the Mud Monkey for a few weeks.

Sad news - I sold the original Mud Monkey now to a fellow member of MDOCUK, so it looks like the wee fella is going to a good home. I'll be sad to see it go!

The only progress I have made on the Mud Monkeys recently was to get the low rof Terzo ladder powdercoated and freshened it up with some new stickers (photos also in another thread, but I thought I'd put them here seeing as this is the 'progress' thread...)

Dull & faded original ladder (stripped and ready for a new coat)

While the ladder frame was being powder coated, I decided to refresh the stickers:
Faded rainbow stickers are now 'urban camo' Terzo stickers

Ladder frame now back, now black and fully rebuilt:

Decided for some subtle gloss black on satin black stickers for the rungs:

The effect is much better in the flesh!

Mystery Machine

The other progress is the swap over of the original wheels with the black steels from the original MM....

While I was at it, I decided to fit my newly made 2" lift shackles (4" longer shackles)

These bad boys will give an extra inch of lift over my original shackles, so this style of lift will be nicknamed a 'Canadian Lift+' 8-) (hope that's OK James & Josh??)

Here is the difference between stock height and Canadian Lift+

And the finished result on the Mud Monkey:

I also bought me a trailer for work (seeing as this Delica came with a tow bar already fitted) so the interior won't get trashed quite as quick...it's not as flash as Konadogs trailer, but it'll certainly do me for now. It's been worth its weight already....and off for more jobs with it today.

You can see it sits at a funny angle because of the height of the Mud Monkey....but I have plans to address this! :twisted:

Rather than fit a longer drop plate for the hitch (reducing ground clearnace!!) I am going to get some 15" steel wheels in the correct fitment for the trailer hubs(the current wheels are 13"), I'm then going to get them banded to 7" wide and then stick some 31" MT tyres on......then I'll have myself a matching trailer! COOOOL!!

josh

Post by josh »

Bruce,

That set up is real hot. I am just wondering about the height... does cranking everything that high effect your camber at all? Or was there any other mods other than the shackles that we need to know about? I am getting some beefier torsion bars shortly (so less potential sag) and wouldn't mind the higher clearance.

Top notch work as usual Bruce, you truly are an inspiration.

Josh
MadB0mb3r
Vehicle: 92 Delica Chamonix

Post by MadB0mb3r »

josh wrote:Bruce,

That set up is real hot. I am just wondering about the height... does cranking everything that high effect your camber at all? Or was there any other mods other than the shackles that we need to know about? I am getting some beefier torsion bars shortly (so less potential sag) and wouldn't mind the higher clearance.

Top notch work as usual Bruce, you truly are an inspiration.

Josh

A source for beefier torsion bars? I imagine it would stiffen the ride substantially??? Has anyone gone this route yet?

I would love to add that bit more clearance to my Van aswell. what else is involved?

And Bruce.. sweet job on the Van.,.
Colin. W

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools..
josh

Post by josh »

MadB0mb3r wrote: A source for beefier torsion bars? I imagine it would stiffen the ride substantially??? Has anyone gone this route yet?

I would love to add that bit more clearance to my Van aswell. what else is involved?
Email the Delicashop. Mark sourced some for me awhile back, but I never followed it up. I just happened to inherit a beefed up pair from a less fortunate Delica up here that ended up wrong side up. The price mark quoted came to around $500 for the pair (a third of that was shipping).

Bruce,

Sorry, not trying to hijack your post. I always love looking at your mods. Such a fun ride. Post some muddy pics when you get a chance.

Josh
mararmeisto

Post by mararmeisto »

Hey Bruce:

Whatever happened to the 'secret' electronics thingy you were trying to figure out? Did you get it done? Got it working yet?
JPL
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

MM,

Nice job on the ladder.

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
Drooper
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica L400 and Pajero

Post by Drooper »

I have to say that although Bruce's ladder looks excellent in the pictures, it looks even better up close.

8-)
WHITE L400 EXCEED HIGH ROOF 7 seater
Now back on the road

Its all about the game.............

.........and how you play it!!!!

Return to “Member Rides”