Introduction - Fionna

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
Fionna
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 68 VW bus

Introduction - Fionna

Post by Fionna »

My partner Marian and I are new owners of a '94 Exceed as of last Saturday. Our previous van (which we will be selling) is a '68 VW van. When we bought the VW it had already been camperized by a carpenter owner with a nice wood interior with a counter and ice chest which work very well for us. We also did a lot of work upgrading the engine and replacing rusted body work and adding sway bars and other features. We did 6 or 7 trips to Mexico in the VW and lots of exploring throughout BC and the Western States in that van and are looking forward to similar adventures in our Delica. However, the VW was not a van that worked for us in the winter, and having 3 vehicles, we decided we needed to downsize to 2 and the Delica seemed our best option for replacing a car and the VW van.

We are also keen sailors having spent 15+ years sailing locally plus 3 years sailing from Vancouver to Mexico and are also glider pilots.

We have removed the rear seats from the Delica and will be hiring a shipwright or cabinetmaker to do a custom wood camperized interior for us.

We are looking forward to being part of the Delica community which we have already found to be very friendly and welcoming! Going forward, we are sure that we will have lots of questions on the technical forum, as we will no doubt have lots of questions and need some help!

Fionna
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Re: Introduction - Fionna

Post by mararmeisto »

Welcome, and well met. Sounds like you're quite the outdoors/adventuring-type: I think a Delica will fit your requirements quite nicely.

You'll definitely have to post some pictures of this cabinetry you are having installed in the back of your van: it will be sure to interest others.
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
after oil
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 cham-reimo poptop L300. 78MB240D

Post by after oil »

welcome!
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

Keep an eye out for a mini-meet some time in Vancouver ~ they are usually posted in the forum under "Events - Lower Mainland". You get to meet many Delicas and their humans... smiles.

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
konadog
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300

Post by konadog »

Welcome Fionna & Marian! I'm very intrigued by your plan for the custom camper in your bus! I'll be watching for pictures of that for sure. Glad to have you aboard :-D :M
Happy Day!

Return to “Member Introductions”