New Delica!!

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

New Delica!!

Post by BCDelica »

Just got my new Delica!! :!:

All is good, only the driver side front tire is in terrible shape, well the others look new. Also it needs 4 different keys, it must of had a break in at one time. When it's fully converted into the veggie powered cable van I'll post pictures of it, though I'll take pictures of my WVO conversion.

Ciao

Kev
Image Call me BCDelica-less
josh
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 poptop gasser

I got one also!

Post by josh »

Kev, I totally understand how great it is to get a new delica...

I am so excited, I just got home with my new (and first ever) Delica P35. It is wonderful. It is black, has a TV (which i think i am taking out) and runs like a dream. I'll post pics soon. It feels so good. *grin*

I would like to do a WVO conversion also... but I think it will have to wait at least a few months... there are so many possibilities.

I'll see you all around town soon,

josh

p.s. I bought the Delica from Karim at Silk Road Autos, and I must say that I have never had such a great expirience buying a vehicle... he is so kind and friendly, and altogether an incredible honest man. I would never have before recommended someone in surrey, but he is a wonderful man to deal with - a straight shooter.
Breadman

Post by Breadman »

hey josh, just took a look at your delica, looks great. welcome to the club. i find the best way to answer all the questions you'll get about the van is to give them this site as a reference point.
it looks like one of your power shades isn't working. if you figure out how to fix it let me know i am in the same boat with one and a half of mine.
happy trails
paul
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

Hi Josh,

Very nice shape Delica you have there, looks great in black. My new Delica came with a similar looking TV, but the VCR was PAL format and couldn't play the 4-5 video's we have around the house so it came out right away. Is that table in the back mounted or loose, is that a extension wing for it also. If so that looks handy if you have kids, I have being thinking a RV type small table, with mounts front and center, would be great traveling or out and about on a rainy day.

"I'll see you all around town soon," - are you a Powell Riverite, do you come up this way occasionally. Leather from Calgary, from the mdocuk.co.uk, was in town recently with his white 91.

Welcome Aboard.

Kev

And Paul the first one to get around to taking there crystal light roof apart win's the privilege of helping everybody else to do it right :lol: ....... If I get to I'll take some pictures of the hopefully successful fix.
josh
Vehicle: L300 poptop gasser

Post by josh »

I have been sick the past couple of days, but I did manage to take out the TV.

Kev, that is a table, it fits into the sliding slots for the captains chairs. It is only a tiny table but it does the job.

I do need to check out the power shades, the motor does work which is good. I am assuming they are cable driven and figure that the cables are where my problem lies. Non of my shades work so I will have to explore. I would be real keen on information if anyone does delv into that task. Otherwise like Kev says, "the first one to get around to taking there crystal light roof apart win's the privilege of helping everybody else to do it right."

Kev, have you got any good suggestions about canoe routes in powel river? The wife and I are thinking about heading that way for a few days in september. Also have you got any good suggestions about a WVO system. There seems to be a lot of good info on the net, but have you got any good advice relating to them and our climate as well as any Delica specific adaptations?

Thanks for the warm welcome Paul and Kev.

josh
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

Josh

It would be a great time to do the Powell River Canoe route in September, of course you don't have to do the full circuit. We camp regularly on these lakes, and hopefully will be camping at Dodd in the last week of August. Check out http://www.roughlife.com/gallery/view_a ... me=album07 for pictures, and yes Dodd Lake is usually that calm We water ski there well into September and the water is still nice. I would definitely recommend http://www.canoeingbc.com/index.html if you rent, I know them and have seen them go well out of there way to help there customers- .

To do with the WVO system's I ain't a pro, but will post pictures of my newest conversion next week. I think most people get caught up in the converter and how it operates, important yes, but the other aspects make a difference day to day. Things like storage and filtering, easy when done right; messy when you goof up (been there - best gift for a friend going veggie - a huge bag of kitty litter). WVO tank, delivery lines and venting need to be well thought out. Don't put you WVO inside the Van, I have seen a couple of SUV's with marine fuel tanks and great big smelly stain's in the carpet - yuck. Consider a WVO (gas) gauge, diesel are a pain to run out of gas with. I have run our van in -6 c weather on WVO no problem, but would stick to diesel if it was that cold, or colder, for long.

And I saw another Delica in PR, a Blue crystal roofed one. They are catching on.

Regards
Kev
redmond
Vehicle: 91 Exceed

Post by redmond »

Hello all, have had my 91 for a few weeks now - FUN! Although when I picked it up it stunk from cigarette so I gutted it down to the metal - dash is the only thing left in.
The blinds each have a motor with two copper pipes each housing a flexible cable (one for each side of blind). At the end of the cable - leading edge of blind - is a small plastic cap that connects blind to cable; my guess is that's broken (one of mine was). I figured replacement parts = not likely, so I'm "making" a new plastic end with epoxy - I'll let you know how it goes.
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

Cheers Redmond,

Those rear blinds are the holy grail amongst many of use, we would be most indebted to you if you could show us the way!

The third Delica, sitting in my driveway now, is like yours with a horrible smoking stink, but the blinds all work perfectly.

Kev - No not a 3 Delica household, I brought this one in for some one else.
redmond
Vehicle: 91 Exceed

Post by redmond »

Wow, is that chrome? switching this post to the technical forum for the blinds - got some pics but its difficult to get great detail so close.
Mystery Machine

Post by Mystery Machine »

It looks like you guys are able to get hold of some stunning condition motors! :shock: 8) 8)

Most of the L300's that seem to have found their way into the UK are generally in 'OK' condition with some pretty tatty ones and only the odd one that is in excellent condition! :?

What with the weather you get & these nice motors - I'm starting to wonder how difficult/easy it would be to 'up sticks' and move myself over to Canada! :D

Can't wait for you lot to get your 'Members Rides' section and fill it with some great photos of fantastic motors in stunning settings! 8)

Regards,

Bruce.
L300 Mystery Machine (High Altitude Edition 8-) )
L300 MudMonkey ($400 bargain banger!! :!: )

Pete and Jackie

And another new Delica (on the road)

Post by Pete and Jackie »

Wow, we finally accomplished it. There it is, its on the road, inspected and even legal! Yesterday was the big day. See, we've actually owned it for 3 months now, but were having a tough time with inspection, the lights being the last hurdle, after many mechanics and even more opinions its over. Ahhhhh.... . I can hardly believe it. So the E code headlights from Germany were accepted, so we were able to retain the stock looking set up without going to all the extra lights. With the exception of course of the side markers and the middle brakelight. It looks like new, and drives like it too. Now lets see it prove itself.
surferboy

Post by surferboy »

congratulations pete and jackie, about time eh! btw, how much for those E code light pods from germany? that forum on the import cops got me stressed out, i got the day time running lights from vi custom car imports plus all the proper reflectors but no middle upper tail brake light, my headlights are pointing towards the opposite traffic (yeaks!) and i'm scared now that it could be used against me if i get into a crash, i can just picture the ICBC nazis deprive me from any coverage cause of those damn lights! my windows i believe are asi 3 with the letters dot on the sticker, and i think that the winshield is a 1.. what a bunch of red tape bureaucracy! did you guys got your timing belt and stuff like that done?if so, were and how much? anyways, hope that you guy's ordeal is over and that the deli brings you many years of enjoyment to come! keep us posted, cheers Francois
Pete and Jackie

lights, belts, n bits

Post by Pete and Jackie »

Thanks Surferboy, we're hopeful for the many years of service too.
Yeah, you want to get that light thing sorted, not only are bright lights in the oncoming lane inviting an accident, but given the right situation, the insurance company may not see things in your favour. So there was a guy in the technical column selling E code headlights for a cool 450 bucks a pair. moverdrive or max overdrive, the fellas' name isSabeer and he's in richmond. Also in that column you'll find all the part numbers you'll need for belts and stuff. Most of its available at Lordco or Napa, but if its the tensioners you need, I was able to source them out of Korea for about a quarter of the price that mitsubishi wants. They had 'em to my door within a week.
Doing the timing belt/balance belt requires a special tool or two and a high degree of accuracy. You really dont want the injection timing out on a diesel as it can be detrimental or disasterous from what I understand. So the money you've saved in fuel economy now gets to be spent on routine maintenance. I took ours to a guy who is very familiar with current Volkswagen TDI, Benzes, and high speed diesel stuff. He did an excellent job, his shop rate was not at all out of line, he informed me on things like coolant and oils, he looked at more than I would've known to, was familiar with that type of fuel pump, and even said he'd work on another Delica. I'd recommend spending a little time finding someone you are comfortable with to work on it.
Anyway, the proof is in the pudding. We're on day 3 and it hasn't exploded yet!
surferboy

Post by surferboy »

thanks for the tips guys, well i think that those e code lights can be available thru other sources, i believe that i was talking to mike (argo) the other day and he told me that he had found some for something like 250$, i'll have to double check whith him on that.. sounds like you found a good mechanic to do a good maintenance on your van, would you mind giving me his infos so i can give him a shout? how much did you pay for the work done if you don't mind me asking...i should be in your neck of the woods soon as snowboarding season is well started, look out for my deli with the winch and rear ladder soon! mine is the two tone dark blueish green upper and grey lower, actually exact same as mistery machine! cheers and merry christmas! Francois :lol:
surferboy

Post by surferboy »

there it is ! niko headlights out of germany,
220$/pair includes shipping but not taxes..
depo# 214 1124 L
depo# 214 1124 R
i'm gonna check them out i think... :wink:

Return to “Member Introductions”