Happy new Owner

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
Kuan
Vehicle: 94' L400 SWB

Happy new Owner

Post by Kuan »

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share my happiness with some people that would understand!

I just bought Tree Guy's Delica (that is posted in the Sales section) and just got it back home to Cowichan Valley.

I was a bit nervous driving back from Vancouver but it all went smooth and I must say the van is in very good condition and I am happy I picked one up locally instead of importing and also not through a salesman.

I am sure I will have lots of tech questions soon as I get to know this beast.

Biodiesel here we come!

Kuan :lol:
surferboy

Post by surferboy »

congratulations kuan! welcome to the forum! just wondering, did you have to pay oversize vehicle fee on the ferry due to the van's height? how much was it for the ferry over for the van + yourself? i'm planning on going to the mainland soon and was wondering exactly how much it is going to cost me.. lots of fun with your new beast! cheers!
Kuan
Vehicle: 94' L400 SWB

Post by Kuan »

Hey surferboy.

No, I double checked with the woman at the till and it was still within the height limit. I was afraid it might hit one of the overhead beams. The price was $49 I think for the van. I can't find the receipt now. but it was the regular price.

Hey, have you seen shrink? I am the editor/producer.
Green1
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1994 L400 Royal Exceed PF8W

Post by Green1 »

one thing I have noticed about BC ferries is that their "overheight" charge kicks in a 7' however their ferries advertise a 6'8" (or was it 6'10"?) clearance on the upper deck... Delicas are awfull close to that, so they may be "under height" but still not fit on the upper deck... (which would be awkward because I'm sure that when they sell you a ticket it's basically upper vs. lower despite the discrepency between height limits and clearance)
surferboy

Post by surferboy »

yes Kuan, i have seen shrink, really good flick! i quite liked numb as well, i lived in ucluelet on and off for about ten years, i know a lot of these guys up there, allister from storm and ralph from long beach surfshop, i was more a "UKEE" boy though, i know sepp and raph from seing them around town and in the lineup, but thats about it, i still have lots of friends up there and i spend a lot of time out there on my time off (i work for the coast guard on ships and have a month on,month off schedule..) pascale from live to surf is a good friend and i wouldn't be surprised if we saw each other before! anyways, good job on "shrink", its funny cause i also know some of the kids from sayulita that are featured on your flick, i met them thru a friend that owns sunset surfshop in sayulita, small world! cheers!
mitch
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/

Post by mitch »

Yeah the ferry thing is real close for me after lifting mine 1.5" and running 30" tires.. I also have the high roof.. or crystal roof. my hight is 7 ft or even 7.1" if unloaded. I was warned at the ferries that it might not be underhieght, but have still got away with underheight so far (loaded on the lower overheight deck both times) we'll see how that goes come busy season.

Mitch

Return to “Member Introductions”