Biodiesel in Vancouver

WVO filtering, WVO conversion information, biodiesel fuel issues, etc.

Moderator: BCDelica

mattias
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed (Green)

Biodiesel in Vancouver

Post by mattias »

Hi everyone, my wife and I are thrilled with our new green Super Exceed . . . I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face as we drive around town. We've had it for only two days so far, and our new baby and old dog seem to love it too.

I filled up with B100 from Andrew in North Van behind Steed Cycles (969 Marine) for $1.05/L. His fuel is from WholeEnergy Fuels (http://www.wholeenergy.ca). He mentioned that if enough of us in Vancouver requested it, they could have a tank set up for us.

I know of the Vancouver Biodiesel Co-op through a quick google search, but their price is listed at $1.27/L. Does anyone know why there's such a price discrepancy? I'm a fan of consumer co-operatives and I don't want to upset them by mentioning WholeEnergy Fuels, but saving 22 cents per litre is substantial.

If you're from Vancouver and you're running biodiesel, I'd love to know where you fill up. Thanks,

Mattias
Kuan
Vehicle: 94' L400 SWB

Re: Biodiesel in Vancouver

Post by Kuan »

Hi Mattias, congrats on the Super.

I think you should pose that question directly to the coop as I am sure they have a justified answer as to cost and I am sure they know "whole energy" is cheaper.

Similar prices here at our local coop $1.25/litre. All biodiesel made from waste veggie oil coming from restaurants located in the valley. Is whole energy bio from new or waste oil? I'd be tempted to fuel up there next time we are over its from waste oil.

Return to “WVO and Biodiesel”