Any filteredWVO in the Victoria - Duncan area, or equipment?

WVO filtering, WVO conversion information, biodiesel fuel issues, etc.

Moderator: BCDelica

BobTheRussian
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Green/Silver L300 High roof

Any filteredWVO in the Victoria - Duncan area, or equipment?

Post by BobTheRussian »

Just put in a two tank system and got a job on the island for the Summer... 8-)

Looking for some WVO hookups- Who's got what?

Do you have any extra filtered WVO available for free or at a reasonable price?

If not... Does anyone have filtering equipment they want to part with?

Im interested in co-ops. I would be willing to track down and pick up WVO to filter it using your gear etc etc... whatever works...

Cheers, Duncan
mararmeisto
Vehicle: 2018 Ram EcoDiesel

Re: Any filteredWVO in the Victoria - Duncan area, or equipm

Post by mararmeisto »

From what I've gathered, the co-op thing really hasn't taken off on the Island. Most of us are just cooking it and filtering it on our own in our back yards.

I'm still looking for a centrifuge for my own needs.
JPL
I still miss my '94 Pajero!
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

Duncan

Check with Noel at enviroimports in Victoria and Joe (Luna-sea) up in Nanaimo. They both have their arms in wvo.
BobTheRussian
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Green/Silver L300 High roof

Post by BobTheRussian »

Roger that! Thanks for the direction 8-)

I'll be up and down the island this Summer... Cant wait to make some good use out of the van!

Having some issues at the moment though, just had to run a full tank of diesel through Montana and maybe all the way to Vancouver this week. I think my fuel pump isnt working.

I switch to diesel and then have the engine bay open whilst driving, PUMPING the diesel fuel filter was the only way to stay above 60km/h on the highway and I couldnt find any other leaks or issues with the system... Ideas?
It performs until higher speeds then it almost seems as if the tranny isnt happy because its jumping down gears and seems as if its just not getting the fuel... or airs getting in somewhere, but Im pretty sure its not. I guess I have to locate the fuel pump and check it somehow. Should be good though as its brand new from CC autos in November...

Anyway... should be fixed soon and ready for an island Summer :-)

Cheers, Duncan
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

Post by BCDelica »

BobTheRussian wrote:Roger that! Thanks for the direction 8-)

I'll be up and down the island this Summer... Cant wait to make some good use out of the van!

Having some issues at the moment though, just had to run a full tank of diesel through Montana and maybe all the way to Vancouver this week. I think my fuel pump isnt working.

I switch to diesel and then have the engine bay open whilst driving, PUMPING the diesel fuel filter was the only way to stay above 60km/h on the highway and I couldnt find any other leaks or issues with the system... Ideas?
It performs until higher speeds then it almost seems as if the tranny isnt happy because its jumping down gears and seems as if its just not getting the fuel... or airs getting in somewhere, but Im pretty sure its not. I guess I have to locate the fuel pump and check it somehow. Should be good though as its brand new from CC autos in November...

Anyway... should be fixed soon and ready for an island Summer :-)

Cheers, Duncan
It really does sounds like a vacuum leak some where. On one WVO Delica I had identical symptoms, but after replacing all the WVO systems seals and redoing every single hose connection, the problems was solved. This is where the oil soaked Q tip used inside of each hose end, new quality ring seals on the WVO valves, and best quality hose clamps made a difference. More often then not, the WVO installs I've been involved with have problems like this at first, pretty darn normal. More fuel lines, thick fluid through a filter, and such, it can happen easily. Hope you save the money and find out it's just air getting in.

With low power, for what ever the reason, the transmission kick down cable causes what you described.

Cheers
Image Call me BCDelica-less

Return to “WVO and Biodiesel”