Tilt-O-Meter mod

Mitsubishi Delica Camper vans, lift kits & other Delica Accessories!

Moderator: BCDelica

knet109
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 97 L400 S1 Jasper

Tilt-O-Meter mod

Post by knet109 »

I think my Delica was stored near a volcano or maybe the nuclear power plants that melted down after the Tsunami. All the plastic is badly deteriorated and the Tit-O-Meter AKA inclinometer had ruptured and peed goo all over the inside of the tri-gauge housing and dash. A quick visit to Ebay turned up this little gem:
I couldn't resist for $4 !!
I couldn't resist for $4 !!
compass.jpg (5.89 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
Turns out it fits PERFECTLY. Here is my process:
This is the general idea of what the end result will look like.  The ring that holds the compass unit together fits perfectly (!!!!!) into the front of the display.
This is the general idea of what the end result will look like. The ring that holds the compass unit together fits perfectly (!!!!!) into the front of the display.
6 the general idea_(320_x_400).jpg (17.1 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
Tape is use to hold the ring in place. I just used the back of the compass housing to hold the ring in from the front as the compass will be held in from the back with SUGURU
Tape is use to hold the ring in place. I just used the back of the compass housing to hold the ring in from the front as the compass will be held in from the back with SUGURU
9 securement_(320_x_400).jpg (12.18 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
four pea sized SUGURU balls are used to smoosh into the compass, ring and dash housing in order to hold it all together. I used a Robertson bit and my finger tip.
four pea sized SUGURU balls are used to smoosh into the compass, ring and dash housing in order to hold it all together. I used a Robertson bit and my finger tip.
10 suguru balls_(320_x_400).jpg (13.25 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
The Gauge face plate has to be removed.  I cut it in place and ended up getting plastic sawdust throughout the other gauges.  Take it apart and save yourself the frustration.
The Gauge face plate has to be removed. I cut it in place and ended up getting plastic sawdust throughout the other gauges. Take it apart and save yourself the frustration.
12 cut face plate_(320_x_400).jpg (17.37 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
The surgery patient patiently awaits removal of the cast. SUGURU take 24 hours to set up
The surgery patient patiently awaits removal of the cast. SUGURU take 24 hours to set up
13 patient awaits bandaid removal_(320_x_400).jpg (13.28 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
I'll get a finished and installed pic up in a couple days.

Return to “Delica Modifications”