L400 Bypass Filter Install Locations - Not the Usual Suspect

Mitsubishi Delica Camper vans, lift kits & other Delica Accessories!

Moderator: BCDelica

psilosin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L400

L400 Bypass Filter Install Locations - Not the Usual Suspect

Post by psilosin »

Searching the various forums for TP Bypass Filter (ie Frantz, Jackmaster) installation location ina L400 OTHER THAN in the area beside the air filter without much luck. The search function of almost every forum by and large is really terrible.

Now beside the air filter is obviously a sweet location I get that, I really do man, but I already have that area loaded and need an alternate. Just wondering if anyone has come across some pics of them installed in other locations. I do not have time to do my own recon for this project...too many other jobs to do and a frivilous endevour like this will result in a rolling pin to the side of the head. Not to be a dick but hypothetical posting need not apply...just like you do not get teh $1,000,000 for 'thinking' you saw the Ogopogo, unless you got pics or first hand recon experience for this very topic then you get no prize. 8-)

Besides the cleaner oil and happy engine a bypass filter brings, my calculations indicate at least a $300 savings over 5 years after installation costs based just on the cost of oem mitsubishi oil filters (~$35) vs adapting to a generic PH8A type 3/4x16 filter (~$10) + TP Bypass Filter (~$0.25) so if there is a spot to put it then it is no longer a trivial pursuit in the eyes of teh wife but an investment in the future whereby the saving can be deposited in an RRSP growing and growing and waiting for the day when jetpacks are finally a reality to buy at Sears and we can blast off into the sunset...

Return to “Delica Modifications”