Amsoil Dual Bypass oil system for L400

Mitsubishi Delica part numbers and purchasing information.
Drumster
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '94 L400 diesel

Post by Drumster »

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/ ... escription

This is an excellent product for a DIY sort of person. Your oil will run much cleaner and you can go much further between changes and you'll extend engine life too. Basically, system attaches to lower crank case stock oil filter mounting location. 85% of oil is fed up into the regular-flow filter while 15% is shunted off to the very fine slow-flow filter. Result is that every several minutes all of the engine's oil runs through both regular and fine filters. It's a great system.

Not difficult to mount with my method but you will have to remove stock air box and replace with K&N "Apollo" (or similar) to free up space. I'm sure there's other places you could locate the Amsoil system and other ways to do it but my way is very simple. To do it you'll need to replace the air box. I have lots of photos etc. except they're apparently too big for this forum. PM me your email and I can email pics to you or if you're alreday familiar with the kit just come on over. I'm in north Surrey.

Normally one fine filter lasts two regular filters so you only replace oil every other oil change. The filters and an Amsoil gasket will need to come from either an Amsoil dealer or else you can buy a six month "preferred customer" membership as I did and then stock up on whatever filters you'll need for a couple of years - after which you buy a membership or call your dealer again. I usually used Rotella Synthetic Diesel Oil but sometimes used Amsoil Diesel oil too. You can put in whatever oil you want. I'm including one un-used regular filter and the correct threaded adapter with the kit. Adaptor for Delica was not available so I had one done by a machinist.

Kit sells retail for $316.USD. You can have this set-up for $200. CDN. OBO.

Thanks!

Tim
I'm here to learn.
204explorer
Vehicle: l400

Post by 204explorer »

You mentioned that the fine filter lasts two regular oil changes.
In the attached link there is a chart that shows a 60 to 80 000 mile oil change interval.
How often do you change your oil and how often do you change your regular filter?
How much was the k&n intake system?
Do you sample your oil and add additives if needed?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Drumster
Vehicle: '94 L400 diesel

Post by Drumster »

Hi 204. Sorry for the delayed reply - I check for PMs but don't check actual posts often enough.
I don't follow an exact protocol with oil changes - usually change much more often than necessary; around 8 - 10 K just out of habit but you're correct. Amsoil says you can go way farther than that between changes but I don't.
I also don't get oil analysed either.
K&N Apollo is about +/- $100. CDN depending on where you buy and how extensive you want the included accessories to be. Do a search... easy to find a full range on eBay. But any other cold air intake will also do the job. You'll need to employ a way to attach the K&N to air intake manifold... use you imagination - I did some measuring and bought a few silicon elbows and what-not and it's worked fine. I also lined up the stock intake vent in engine compartment although the K&N and other cold intake filters don't actually need it as you can take ambient air straight from engine compartment - although it's a bit noisier. I prefer using stock vent from wheel well.
I tried posting a photo but file was too large... again.
Anyway, I hope this helps.
I'm here to learn.

Return to “Delica Parts for Sale (Non-Commercial)”