Alarm - Security Systems

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

Von Delica
Vehicle: '92 Delica Super Exceed turbo-D

Alarm - Security Systems

Post by Von Delica »

Hello all,

I'm about to get my Delica, and I'm wondering if anyone has advice about a security system/ car alarm they could offer? Brands, or even where to have it installed? Etc. I've been looking around and prices range from $20 on ebay to $300 or so in a automotive store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks.
EricN
Vehicle: 90 exceed

Re: Alarm - Security Systems

Post by EricN »

CVI
Member's Photo Album: http://cviauto.com
Vehicle: 1994 Delica Space Gear Royal Exceed

Post by CVI »

Call Willie 778-988-2700. He installed mine for $550 parts and labor. Remote start, Pager, central locking, turbo timer. That's a new system. :-)
Von Delica
Vehicle: '92 Delica Super Exceed turbo-D

Post by Von Delica »

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm looking for something a little bit more affordable..... somewhere under $550 bucks!

Any chance of something in the $100 - 200 dollar range???

Thanks,

Von
patty
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: delica chamonix

Post by patty »

like i said before in a nother alarm thread, wal mart in squamish had some cheepo once, 180 i think
the squamish wal mart has got shitty selection so im sure one in the city will have em.
JMK
Vehicle: 92 Chamonix

Post by JMK »

I was going to get another of the Bulldog units from WalMart, the $200.00 unit that I intalled in our Chrysler LHS a few years ago has been working fine. However I found a similar unit at Canadian Tire on sale for $149.00. Both units had the option for Diesel engines and the ability to start your vehicle at a predefined time interval or minimum temperature for 24 hours. Out of the $550.00 it sounds like $400.00 is for labour. I seem to recall the price of an install in Calgary is much less than that. WHen I did the LHS, I recall that I had to call Bulldog tech support so many times I eventually knew the guy like I would one of my best friends, and I probably would have happily paid someone if it was reasonable, but not $400.00. However part of the problem there was dealing with an ignition system that uses a chipped key. They do sell premade harnesses for most populat NA model vehicles to cut install time in half, obviously not an option with the Deli.

I think it's good to resist the temptation to use quick connect taps to make your connections and solder everything as they recommend if you do it yourself. If you don't make sure you make it plain to the installers they *must* solder all the connections, otherwise a year or two down the road you may be sitting out in the cold wishing they had.

I plan to install one in my Deli next week after I've completed the compliance conversions and the inspection, too bad you don't live nearby as it would probably be advantage to both do the same model and do them together.

Return to “General Discussion”