Are Delica's Crap?

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

Green1
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1994 L400 Royal Exceed PF8W

Re: Are Delica's Crap?

Post by Green1 »

mine works fine too... keep in mind though it is quite subtle, if the area you are in is well lit, you won't be able to see it, even at night.

some of the lower models/older ones don't have it though apparently... but I'm not sure which ones, nor how to tell.
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Not to divert the post, but to answer a question ... most delica's rear name lights DO work. They are a bit dim if seen from a few car lengths back, but definitely work. There is a post someone did about a year ago, on replacing the Del-ica light bulbs, from memory I think it was Mararmeisto posted, search topic "Rear Tail Light" or similar.

Cheers, Christine.
impalator
Vehicle: L300

Post by impalator »

Wow, if Butch manages to squeeze another 20hp out of his Delica I'd like to take a quick testride with it.... That would take it to about 110 horses or over 20% more punch...

Such a total overhaul/tune-up would probabaly "rupt my bank" but I'd like to hear how this shakes out.

I still want to delay the downshift when negotiating a hill. It's weird, I know and can feel from the momentum and the torque that the engine would have enough juice to keep on plugging in overdrive (maintaining the speed) by just ever so slightly increasing the pressure on the pedal going up a slight incline... but the darn thing keeps shifting back at the slightest increase in pedalpressure.

I read the posts about adjusting the shifter / accelerator cables - but I will wait for a nice and dry weekend before I'll find myself lifting that front bench to fiddle around underneath it...

PS: what did you mean by "speedholes" on the roof? Thanks for a quick clarification...

PPS: My Delica rear emblem lights up too...
CVI
Member's Photo Album: http://cviauto.com
Vehicle: 1994 Delica Space Gear Royal Exceed

Post by CVI »

Speed holes on the roof... Rust eating up my roof, hence lots of holes coming out, hence my delica gets lighter every time those rust falls on my head, hence speed inproves with less weight to carry around.
knight
Vehicle: P35W

Post by knight »

I have had many succesful road trips according to your standards.

Since I bought my van I have had to put diesel in it, air in the tires twice and put new batteries in this winter and installed a stick on oil pan heater, but dont have an extension cord long enough to reach where I park so havent had a chance to use it. During one of the bigger snow storms this year my muffler felll off, havent botherd to replace it, only noiser when going up hills, and isnt much compared to before. Oh and I changed the oil and had to refil the washer fluid twice. Other than those issue I love my Delia. LOL

All my shades works windows wipers etc. Never had many issues other than what I might expect from a 15 year old diesel, ie difficult and smoky to start when cold. But I hear that can be fixed. My only major concern has been with crash testing now that I have twins on the way, but I would rather be defensive in my driving then buy a vehicle that might be safer, but make me more pron to being involved. By this I mean more power (faster) and bigger blind spots, as well knowing that I dont have abs makes me think more about the road and slowing down.
I would rather wear out then rust away.
Erebus
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed

Post by Erebus »

knight wrote: My only major concern has been with crash testing now that I have twins on the way, but I would rather be defensive in my driving then buy a vehicle that might be safer, but make me more pron to being involved. By this I mean more power (faster) and bigger blind spots, as well knowing that I dont have abs makes me think more about the road and slowing down.
As you rightly point out, avoiding an accident by being aware is much better than surviving an accident. Seatbelts make a huge difference in survival. And in a Delica versus car collision, the car will basically hit below you, which helps a lot.

There have been several forum members who have been in accidents, and so far, all of them have praised the Delica for its strength.
Image "I could be just around the corner from heaven, or a mile from hell." -- Jackson Browne, "The road and the sky".

Return to “General Discussion”