Locate the Recreation Site

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Re: Locate the Recreation Site

Post by lrp374 »

Your in the right area but the wrong lake. This is my picture of Choelquoit Lake. Keep up the guesses. I'm going to Bowers ( as I discussed last year) when I went to West King. Likely also try Pioneer and Double Lake and if we get time perhaps Coldscaur. If you do guess the right lake it'll be Thursday before I can tell you.

Larry
Attachments
100_5848a.JPG
100_5848a.JPG (131.78 KiB) Viewed 7572 times
BCDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=10008
Vehicle: WVO Powered Tuk Tuk

Post by BCDelica »

Ok, I'm kinda stumped now, will have to consult some maps and now that we all have to Thursday..... I haven't been to Chilko lake since I was a teen.

Never had many fish days at Pioneer, best spot has always been just to the left of the campground; twenty years ago it was dragging leeches that worked, last year it was placing microleeches under an indicator over the same little under water ridge that was successful while it was hard fishing the rest of the lake. Have you ever continue up the hill from Pioneer to Hourglass lake, fish aren't shiny'n' strong but the action is great there. Over the years have had days of tiny dry flies catching lots of 18 inch on hourglass, never had an off day there.
Image Call me BCDelica-less
thelazygreenfox
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 99 white Hi roof gas Chamonix

Post by thelazygreenfox »

Sorry guys, can't get my camera and computer working together, don't know why. But i love the new info about the lakes you've fished at.
TLGF
Wayne
Wear your mask, it keeps others from seeing the parsley in your teeth
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Well I'm back and will provide 2 new clues tonight. The fishing trip was a bust and great @ the same time. Monday rained most of the day, which was okay, as it was basically a traveling day. We decided to pass on Pioneer and try for Bowers. Well after the last cabin the 'corduroy' road disappeared into a pool of water we changed our minds. Having passed Needa on the way up we decided to give it a try and what a pleasant surprise. The biggest fish was likely about 15" but what a rush trying to bring them in. I have never seen rainbow jump so high. Several jumped @ least 3' or more and they never stop. The site is small but nice and anybody going to this area should consider it.

The clue's are: - the lake is over 4900 feet
- it has a fly in lodge ( as do many in the area )

No worries about missing a turn Wayne. You get a free turn whenever you get your equipment figured out.
Attachments
100_5804a.JPG
100_5804a.JPG (116.7 KiB) Viewed 7551 times
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

Chaunigan Lake?

The altitude reminded me of a lake I've never been but been recommended over the years. Mountain was bugging me, sure I knew it but can't name it. Many peaks close in the valley and west on hwy 20 are very rather familiar. Family spent so much time in the area through the 70's - don't even ask how fishing was on the Dean, Anarko, or Nimpo lake was 30 - 40 years ago.

Neat to hear about Needa lake, it's been maybe 10 years since we fished it, but had one incredible day likely a decade ago fishing down from the campground where with simple doc spratley's trolled near shore we couldn't miss on hard fighting 16-18 silver trout (I'm very on and off about recording in my fishing journal).

Not a rec site, but fished Azouzetta Lake yesterday, purrty lake, that's the light at 6 am here in the north. Plenty of daylight even at 4 am.
Attachments
2014-06-19 07.17.38.jpg
2014-06-19 07.17.38.jpg (375.65 KiB) Viewed 7542 times
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Chaunigan Lake is the correct answer. Now it's your turn. Where is Azouzetta Lake anyway?
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

lrp374 wrote:Chaunigan Lake is the correct answer. Now it's your turn. Where is Azouzetta Lake anyway?
Larry, do you know the name of the mountain pictured above Chaunigan? Azouzetta Lake is 106 km's south of Chetwynd, across from my winter playground of Powder King. Panorama from yesterday (link).

I've had to dig into the vault for rec site pictures, and I have a few; last couple years have been traveling in Northern BC and before that camping in SE Asia. I'll keep in the same area for now, WMU 5-6, should be an easy one. And that kid is graduating next week.
Attachments
June07 001.jpg
June07 001.jpg (145.17 KiB) Viewed 7536 times
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

The mountain in the background is Mt. Tatlo. I'll start the search for your site keeping in mind the the trees are likely a bit bigger.
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

I would guess by the large size of the lake, flat terrain and present location of the Rec Site that it could be Charlotte Lake. I'm disappointed I'm the first to guess. I thought Delica drivers were all over the backroads of BC.
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

That's correct, it is Charlotte Lake. If the squitoes are reasonable a fantastic lake to recreate with kids. At least I didn't post a picture of Charlotte Lake from the 60's or 70's when are family spent a lot of time there at the cabin.

Next!
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Well if Wayne has his camera/computer figured out he can go next otherwise I'll post a new site tonight.

Larry
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

The new site is in WMU 8-6. It's such a nice lake with reasonable fishing I had to provide 2 pictures. Maybe Falco can get this one! New clues on Saturday but hopefully they won't be necessary.
Attachments
100_5675a.JPG
100_5675a.JPG (164.96 KiB) Viewed 7447 times
100_5676a.JPG
100_5676a.JPG (206.47 KiB) Viewed 7447 times
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

Clues for today:
- south of 97C ( Connector )
- east of 5A

New clues on Wednesday if necessary!
Attachments
Part of WMU 8-6
Part of WMU 8-6
WMU 8-6.jpg (9.29 KiB) Viewed 7429 times
BCDelica

Post by BCDelica »

Looking forward to the answer for this one, I have never visited that wildlife management area.
lrp374

Post by lrp374 »

I thought someone would have made the effort to view the Rec Sites shown above in http://www.campingrvbc.com which shows pictures of most sites. Perhaps the new hint will help.
( It's not the Provincial Park )

If no correct answer by noon Friday I'll pick a new one.
Attachments
Rec Site Lake.jpg
Rec Site Lake.jpg (80.31 KiB) Viewed 7401 times

Return to “General Discussion”