Chamonix

Topics may eventually be moved to other Delica Canada forums.

Moderators: BCDelica, mark

ccautos
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 92 Delica SE

Chamonix

Post by ccautos »

I have already bought in several vehicles from Japan and I keep seeing these Chamonix model Delicas . I know it is the skiing edition but does anyone know exactly what is different from a regular Delica ? I think I need to get me one of these Delicas !!!
Green1
Vehicle: 1994 L400 Royal Exceed PF8W

Post by Green1 »

"cold weather" edition, what I've heard is that they come with a second battery... I don't know beyond that...
Breadman

Post by Breadman »

i have a chamonix and an exceed. the difference from what i can tell is decoration, seats, carpet, exterior and the two battery thing. if you check out the uk site you might find more answers. my chamonix has "specifically designed for the all season skier" written on the side. it is a constant point of attention.
paul
Mystery Machine

Post by Mystery Machine »

The Chamonix edition model was 'aimed' at people who pursue/follow/take part in winter sports. It started with the L300 and they continued it with the L400 although some of the 'extras' were lost along the way.

The name Chamonix is taken from the popular French Ski resort (hence the winter sports association)

Based on the 'lower spec' GLX, the L300 Chamonix came as standard in the following spec:

:arrow: 8 Seater only
:arrow: High or low roof (Crystal lite an option)
:arrow: Chrome bull bars, front steps and side step
:arrow: Chrome mirrors and mirror arms
:arrow: Unique Chamonix labelled bull bar cover (Chamonix instead of Mitsubishi)
:arrow: Unique Chamonix 'double' chromed rear bull bar
:arrow: Unique Chamonix aluminium sump guard/bash plate
:arrow: Unique Chamonix print hard wearing seat fabric
:arrow: Unique Chamonix print 'head trip' hard wearing carpet
:arrow: Unique Chamonix side graphics in about 4 different styles & colours
:arrow: Twin dash pod (later models had triple)
:arrow: 'Winter pack' as standard (twin batteries etc..) which was an option on other models....

You could have curtains, cool/hot box like other models, but these were just options as per normal....

You could also have some unique accessories like a special 'Chamonix' branded ladder, boot mounted ski rack, roof box, roof crate, roof mounted ski rack etc.....

I am sure there are other differences, but these are the main ones for the L300.....

The hard wearing seat fabric and MAD carpet style was designed to wear much better than normal and not show the dirt from people climbing in & out with snow/mud covered boots, dirty gear and wet clothes & feet.

It was a popular model in North Japan because of the amount of snow they get and the skiing culture that goes with it.

It was also popular with the lot in South Japan becuase they 'aspired' to the outdoor culture that the L300 was so good for and ultimately embodied in the Chamonix edition.

The Chamonix wasn't actually a 'Limited Edition' but more of a specification all on its own which was sold alongside the normal GLX, Exceed and Super Exceed models.....

I'm sure there is more to the list of differences, but I think I've covered the main ones....

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. I have a genuine Chamonix front and rear bullbar and also a genuine Chamonix sump guard sat in my garage! Once again.....it's such a shame you guys are the other side of the Atlantic! :( :(
L300 Mystery Machine (High Altitude Edition 8-) )
L300 MudMonkey ($400 bargain banger!! :!: )

argo

skid plate/sump guard

Post by argo »

hey Bruce,

Any chance I could impose upon you to snap a pic or two of your sump guard and message them to me ?

I'm hoping to fabricate some supplimental bash plates and protective grates for the front end of my 92 L300.

cheers,

Mike

Return to “General Discussion”