Maiden Voyage of the Green Giant-

4x4 trips to Mexico, to the ski hill, or to the local grocery store...

Moderator: mark

Mr. Fuji
Vehicle: TBD

Maiden Voyage of the Green Giant-

Post by Mr. Fuji »

Just wrapped up our first family trip in my 1994 PF6W from Calgary to Invermere & Golden, and back.

The Delica performed flawlessly, even keeping up with traffic on the big mountain hills. Fuel economy was respectable- with a rough average of about 520-550 km per tank on premium gasoline- sometimes 91 octane, others 94. After all this travel my only real complaint is that the cupholders block the radio controls.

After 10 years with an FJ Cruiser, this trip was way different than other road trips for us: The kids loved the big windows and Crystal Lite roof, while their mommy enjoyed all the space and ability to move between front to back in the cabin when organizing things.

This van has a huge capacity!
We had 3 full-sized suitcases, 2 backpacks, a large storage bin, 3 tote bags and other random stuff. You could hardly tell anything was back there, and there was still room to comfortably sit one more person! Image

I had a chance to test out the many defrosters with the August snow on the home stretch between Canmore and Calgary, and everything went great. Amazingly, we saw Delicas every day on our trip, sometimes parked but more commonly on the highway; it was great to see other families enjoying their vans!

Fuji

Return to “Member Trips”