RHD safe in Canada

RHD-related issues ONLY please (NOT for general political ads!)
User avatar
Strada 92
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:26 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Strada 1992
Location: Quebec City,QC

RHD safe in Canada

Postby Strada 92 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Check this link on IVOAC:

http://forum.ivoac.ca/showthread.php?t=3767

It seems that CADA don't win this time...
Mitsubishi Strada Ralliart 1992 (sold)
Mitsubishi L400 Spacegear
Mitsubishi I-MiEV 2012

User avatar
nxski
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1991 Delica L300 Super Exceed
Location: Coquitlam
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby nxski » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Sounds promising, let's find that record and post it in as many easily visible places as possible! :-)
Live the life you love, love the life you live...

Had: 1991 Mitsubishi Delica L300 SuperExceed, heavily modified (totalled by a drunk driver)
Have: 2011 Acura CSX manual, lightly modified
Want: Mitsubishi Pajero Evo

http://nes-design-construction.com
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/nicolas-spurling/46/b48/924

Nicola Spurling

User avatar
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Posts: 5960
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:55 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)
Location: North Van, BC, eh?

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby FalcoColumbarius » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb

User avatar
sasquatch-hunter
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:56 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 2 Delica
Location: Quesnel BC
Location: Quesnel BC
Contact:

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby sasquatch-hunter » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Great! I am looking for a RHD Ford Taurus.

User avatar
Mr. Flibble
Posts: 1383
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:31 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1995 L400 Royal Exceed
Location: Issaquah, Washington
Location: Issaquah, Washington

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby Mr. Flibble » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Strada 92 wrote:Check this link on IVOAC:

http://forum.ivoac.ca/showthread.php?t=3767

It seems that CADA don't win this time...



Awesome! I just hope it proves true - there is as of yet no direct announcement apart from that posting that I can find.
Canadian living in Washington USA

User avatar
MardyDelica
Posts: 2186
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:32 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: DL#30843 /92 Delica Super Exceed
Location: Richmond B.C.
Contact:

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby MardyDelica » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi, sebastian,
i can brign in for you any kind of right hand drive car but american model,
jeep cherokee, taurus, chrysler mini van & other what you think they will say
cheers;
ImageImageImage

drrod
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:19 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 93 Exceed
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby drrod » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Can it really be??!! Someone in gov't actually has some common sense and doesn't bend to the loudest lobby?? May be hope for us all!
Rod

User avatar
Island Hopper
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L400 Exceed Spacegear
Location: Victoria, BC
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby Island Hopper » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Great new to hear. Let's dance.

Ron

User avatar
jessef
Posts: 6454
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 pm
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month
Location: Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby jessef » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 pm

MardyDelica wrote:Hi, sebastian,
i can brign in for you any kind of right hand drive car but american model,
jeep cherokee, taurus, chrysler mini van & other what you think they will say
cheers;


I was getting parts for my dads 95 Jeep Cherokee. They asked me if it's LHD or RHD.

It looks like there's some nice RHD parts available for north amercian vehicles in RHD style.

User avatar
konadog
Posts: 1815
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:25 pm
Vehicle: 1992 GLX L-300
Location: Campbell River, BC

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby konadog » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 pm

A proper victory that! Common sense prevails. Nice!
Image
Happy Day!

User avatar
Strada 92
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:26 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Strada 1992
Location: Quebec City,QC

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby Strada 92 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:38 am

Yes,we need to find the record of that.And if it's true,it's really a good news for Canada.
But here,in quebec,we will be stuck with that stupid ban.
Maybe if we wrote to the new minister of transport,Sam Hamad,we can change it for march 2011.At this time,if nothing change, it will
be truely impossible to register a new RHD.

Maybe the problem is not really the minister.It appears to block at the SAAQ,some pencil pusher jaded...
Check this link:

http://www.vcffoundation.org/
Mitsubishi Strada Ralliart 1992 (sold)
Mitsubishi L400 Spacegear
Mitsubishi I-MiEV 2012

User avatar
DelicaDJ
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1999 Pontiac Montana, no Deli yet..
Location: Virginia, USA
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby DelicaDJ » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 am

jfarsang wrote:
MardyDelica wrote:Hi, sebastian,
i can brign in for you any kind of right hand drive car but american model,
jeep cherokee, taurus, chrysler mini van & other what you think they will say
cheers;


I was getting parts for my dads 95 Jeep Cherokee. They asked me if it's LHD or RHD.

It looks like there's some nice RHD parts available for north amercian vehicles in RHD style.

There are a lot of RHD models of NA cars sold here in the US as rural mail carrier vehicles & such. Jeep Cherokees are popular for the USPS drivers.
Daniel

I'm car-less at the moment... Moving to Virginia USA
Looking forward to getting a Deli in the US, prefer a 1986+ L300

User avatar
sasquatch-hunter
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:56 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 2 Delica
Location: Quesnel BC
Location: Quesnel BC
Contact:

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby sasquatch-hunter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi guys! I was just joking. Actually, most of the American cars in Japan are LHD. I don't think they bother to change the steering. I do know they sell Jeep models (RHD) in Japan and some of them sold as Honda. Anyway, Mardy, I won't waste your time on finding me a RHD American car. What I want is a 300+ hp Pajero Evolution. I probably have to wait about two years. I want to smoke those Skylines with a SUV.
Attachments
Pajero Evo.jpg
Pajero Evo.jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 4220 times

User avatar
nvanadm
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:48 am
Vehicle: 1993 L300 Super Exceed
Location: Canada

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby nvanadm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

sasquatch-hunter wrote:Hi guys! I was just joking. Actually, most of the American cars in Japan are LHD. I don't think they bother to change the steering. I do know they sell Jeep models (RHD) in Japan and some of them sold as Honda. Anyway, Mardy, I won't waste your time on finding me a RHD American car. What I want is a 300+ hp Pajero Evolution. I probably have to wait about two years. I want to smoke those Skylines with a SUV.


I was really hoping that you were joking but didn't want to say anything just incase you weren't :-D

That Pajero is AWESOME! :shock:

User avatar
DelicaDJ
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1999 Pontiac Montana, no Deli yet..
Location: Virginia, USA
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

Re: RHD safe in Canada

Postby DelicaDJ » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:14 pm

nvanadm wrote:
sasquatch-hunter wrote:Hi guys! I was just joking. Actually, most of the American cars in Japan are LHD. I don't think they bother to change the steering. I do know they sell Jeep models (RHD) in Japan and some of them sold as Honda. Anyway, Mardy, I won't waste your time on finding me a RHD American car. What I want is a 300+ hp Pajero Evolution. I probably have to wait about two years. I want to smoke those Skylines with a SUV.


I was really hoping that you were joking but didn't want to say anything just incase you weren't :-D

That Pajero is AWESOME! :shock:

I would have to wait 12+ years for something like that! I have to wait 4 years to be able to import a decent L300 Delica to the US! :cry: :evil:
Last edited by DelicaDJ on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

I'm car-less at the moment... Moving to Virginia USA
Looking forward to getting a Deli in the US, prefer a 1986+ L300


Return to “RHD Political and Legal Matters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest