L300 oil filter not Suitable for L400 beware

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
MardyDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: DL#30843 /92 Delica Super Exceed

L300 oil filter not Suitable for L400 beware

Post by MardyDelica »

hi, just to advise owner of the all delica L400>
there is some question from some of my client that other people say the L300 oil filter is o.k. to installed in L400 2.8 liter engine.
well thru my experience i would suggest not to install this as this will cause you in the near future engine failure.
yes the tread pattern is the same but the capacity that can hold the oil for this 2.5 to 2.8 liter engine is totally diff.
this 2.8 engine need more oil than 2.5 to supply the engine flow of oil that this 2.8 engine need.
if you have less oil capacity oil filtration for your engine then your engine will soon could breakdown & it will cause you big money.
so i would recommend not to use this l300 filter as you can see the original delica 2.8 liter engine oil filter is long & big they design this for this bigger engine.
hope this help & educated most of the L400 owner that pls use the proper oil filter to keep you delica last longer
hope this help
Cheers;
Mardy
ImageImageImage

Return to “L400 Technical”