Rear interior vent question.

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
mclarkie
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica l 400

Post by mclarkie »

Hello,

My question: In regards to the super exceed high roof long wheel base, Is the second, smaller, rear floor heating vent supposed to be an air return vent or is something, somewhere running backwards?

Context: I'm working on a camperization of a super exceed highroof long wheel base specifically for skiing and snowboarding. To that end I designed and built a moisture sealed box/closet for drying out my gear.
When I began I planned to use a heater unit as well as the van's rear floor vent to dry the equipment. The heater while I'm stopped and the vent while I'm driving.

I set up all the pipe to run the air and when I tested it with the floor vent it wasn't blowing, rather it was suction. There are two vents on the floor. One I covered up and the other I kept available. I never even thought I test the two vents for for direction when I began, I assumed they both blew hot air

It would be so much work to switch the vents at this point I don't know when I'd hey around to it... Next year maybe
Davidor
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1995 L400 4M40

Post by Davidor »

I have a SWB L400 and I have 3 vents along the driver side wall, two in the middle seat area and one for the back seats (I have bucket seats in the middle). The front and back ones are where hot air exits and the middle is the intake. The rear heater core only pulls air from the inside of the van so it sounds like some re-ducting is in order... either that or chop into the wiring of your rear fan and reverse it's direction so what was once the intake is now the exhaust. You could probably get fancy with relays and have the ability to switch back and forth if you desire.

Return to “L400 Technical”