Steering Shaft Question and Brake Confirmation

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
Zeldhead
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica Space Gear Super Exceed

Post by Zeldhead »

Hello everyone!

This is my first post. I've been lurking around here, but have yet to pipe up. I finally, however, bought a 1996 Delica Space Gear (super exceed gasser) and now have some questions. I'm really excited, but some things came up during the Ontario-required safety inspection that need to be addressed and there aren't a whole lot of resources down here in SW Ontario to do so. I need new brakes all around. Calipers, rotors, and pads. I've searched the forums and elsewhere online and here's what I have hesitantly concluded (please correct anything I'm getting wrong to help out a newb before I order some parts! many thanks!):

- It's my understanding that most of the brake components made for the Montero (does it need to be a 95 or match the equivalent year? does it matter whether it's the 3.0 or 3.5?) should work ... well, calipers, pads, and rotors for the rear at least.

- I'm not as confident about the front rotors. Will the Montero version work? If not, did you have to order delica-specific ones?

- Okay ... next question: apparently this vehicle also needs a steering shaft. Any chance a Montero version also works for this? If not, anyone know of a good place to begin looking for one for the delica? Also, has anyone done this? If so, was it a difficult fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm dying to get some parts and get BB Yeti on the road.
Attachments
IMG_2886.jpg
IMG_2886.jpg (541.58 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
thelazygreenfox
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 99 white Hi roof gas Chamonix

Post by thelazygreenfox »

Hi Zh
You probably know by now rotors are proprietary and need be purchased through mitsubishi or a shop that sells their parts. All the other parts can be had through your local parts retailer, Montero and sport are the same parts. Check out prices they vary a lot.

Bleed your brake fluid frequently to keep fouling on your caliper pistons to a minimum.

Good luck w your gasser.
Wear your mask, it keeps others from seeing the parsley in your teeth

Return to “L400 Technical”