Front door trim/speakers swap

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
Thomasdontgiveacrap
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L400 Chamonix

Post by Thomasdontgiveacrap »

Hey, I'd like to replace front speakers as old ones are a bit "tired". Unfortunately can not find any instructions how to remove frond door trim. I don't wanna just pull on it and break some plastic parts.... anybody went thru this?
Help appreciate
99 Chamonix
Tomas
Davidor
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1995 L400 4M40

Post by Davidor »

This is from 3 threads down... I wrote it up for a 1995 L400 so I can't say if anything changed with the gen 2 ones but it's pretty easy to get the door panels off:

There will be 2 screws accessible from the door panel, the first one in the little cup you use to close the door and the other behind the door handle. After you take the one behind the door handle out, the little plastic trim piece will come out, there is one more little screw behind this that will need to come out that goes through into the plastic behind the metal plate. The big screw in the door closing compartment (I'm sure there is a better name for it), once you get it out the whole plastic piece with the window switch should lift back and out (there is a tab on the front). Disconnect the wiring harness for the window switch. From here everything is little plastic clips, if you have the tool for them it's like a slotted screw driver (I got mine from princess auto a very long time ago) or a normal flat blade can work too. Pry the door panel off until the first clips start to pop, I usually start at the bottom corner and after you can get your fingers in there they come out pretty easily. After this everything else is fairly self explanatory.

On a speaker related note though, the front door speakers and the lower dash speakers are wired in parallel so depending on what speakers you put in there make sure your head unit can drive those and remain stable.

Return to “L400 Technical”