Parts question - NA (lordco) or L400 specific?

Mitsubishi Delica L400 production commenced in 1994 -- After much anticipation, the L400 arrived on Canadian Soil in 2009!
lopar
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L400 (soon)

Parts question - NA (lordco) or L400 specific?

Post by lopar »

Parts question - looking for some parts and need to know what is NA available from montero or other cross and what is L400 specific.

Looking at replacing a lot in the front end, any help would be awesome, i will picture up the whole process best I can:

Brake pads
Inner/outer tie rods
Steering rack boot
Front upper ball joints
Lower ball joint
CV inner boot kit
CV outer boot kit
Rear sway bar end link
Rear sway bar bushing kit (25mm)
Front lower control arm front bush
Rear lower control arm bushings

If anyone knows what is available "Lordco" under such vehicle as Montero that would awesome, otherwise I bulk buy from UK.

Also for a head: are there multiple heads that I should be aware of? or is an L400 4m40 head all the same? do I need block number or VIN to match head if there are different ones out there? (another painful process I will picture up if I need to go this route)

Cheers,

Chris
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Re: Parts question - NA (lordco) or L400 specific?

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

This sounds like a question for L400 Technical.

I have moved this post out of General Discussion and into L400 Technical. Helps to learn the site... smiles.

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

lopar wrote:Parts question - looking for some parts and need to know what is NA available from montero or other cross and what is L400 specific.

Looking at replacing a lot in the front end, any help would be awesome, i will picture up the whole process best I can:

Brake pads
Inner/outer tie rods
Steering rack boot
Front upper ball joints
Lower ball joint
CV inner boot kit
CV outer boot kit
Rear sway bar end link
Rear sway bar bushing kit (25mm)
Front lower control arm front bush
Rear lower control arm bushings

If anyone knows what is available "Lordco" under such vehicle as Montero that would awesome, otherwise I bulk buy from UK.

Also for a head: are there multiple heads that I should be aware of? or is an L400 4m40 head all the same? do I need block number or VIN to match head if there are different ones out there? (another painful process I will picture up if I need to go this route)

Cheers,

Chris
All of the above are NOT compatible with Montero/Pajero for the exception of the rear brake pads however there are quite a few different aftermarket suppliers (non-OEM).

The head as far as my research took me was all 4M40's have the same head across the years in production.
mac_stang
Vehicle: 94' L400

Post by mac_stang »

all parts i have done were crossed from a 95 montero v6...except front rotors.

do ur homework and find them, buying out of country is NOT necessary.

good luck.

Brad.
fexlboi
Member's Photo Album: http://dinoevo.de
Vehicle: -

Post by fexlboi »

mac_stang wrote:all parts i have done were crossed from a 95 montero v6...except front rotors.
good luck.
Brad.
It would be nice if you could share your knowledge and the missing part numbers with the rest of us. I'm pretty sure the l400 owners are going to appreciate it.
Pacific JDM Parts
Vehicle: 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero

Post by Pacific JDM Parts »

The only items that are the same as the Montero out of your list is below.
Front and rear brake pads.
Inner and outer C.V boots.
All other items listed are L400 specific and i carry stock of all of them so no need to order in.
The 4m40 heads are the same for all years.
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

mac_stang wrote:all parts i have done were crossed from a 95 montero v6...except front rotors.

good luck.

Brad.
see below for which parts match / do not match

Brake pads - rears are the same and fit tight. fronts differ from one manufacturer to the other. The contact point on the pads where the notch is, is a different thickness on some of the makes. You will know when you install it and you can jiggle the pads.

Wheel bearings - front outer wheel bearings match with L300/Montero/Pajero, however the inner wheel bearing has a larger diameter/race and is not sourced in north america. I matched it up with a close one but it's not exactly the same. Rear wheel bearings are the same.

Rotors - Front rotors are proprietary on the L400's due to the larger inner diameter. Not compatible with Montero rotors. Rear rotors are compatible.

Inner/outer tie rods - the L400 has a steering rack / montero does not. tie rods are NOT the same.

Steering rack boot - the montero does not have a steering rack so this part does not apply

Front upper ball joints - completely different casing / not even remotely close in appearance let alone fit

Lower ball joint - not the same but close but you'll have to somehow close to the nipple hole on the montero balljoint to fit in the L400 lower control arm

CV inner boot kit - can match / just make sure you match it up as different makes are wider/narrower and it may be too tight

CV outer boot kit - can match / just make sure you match it up as different makes are wider/narrower and it may be too tight

Rear sway bar end link - bushings are the same / link end is different

Rear sway bar bushing kit (25mm) - 25mm is too narrow but if you gun it down it can work but why not get the right one

Front lower control arm front bush - montero control arms are completely different than the L400 control arms

Rear lower control arm bushings - montero control arms are completely different than the L400 control arms
lopar
Vehicle: L400 (soon)

Post by lopar »

Right on, thanks for all the comments and responses.

I will update when I decide when and where I buy everything....... looks like it may be a mix.

Cheers,

Chris

Return to “L400 Technical”