Delica Dealer / Importer Ratings and Feedback

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
Adam
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: RIP WVO '91 Super Exceed

Re: Delica Dealer / Importer Ratings and Feedback

Post by Adam »

I think the issue was that the deposit was only refundable if a mechanic found something wrong with the van. What if the just had 2nd thoughts after having a mechanic tell the it was sound, would they have gotten their deposit back?
Kei King

Post by Kei King »

Adam wrote:I think the issue was that the deposit was only refundable if a mechanic found something wrong with the van. What if the just had 2nd thoughts after having a mechanic tell the it was sound, would they have gotten their deposit back?
Why would he find something wrong with the van? Did you totally forget to read my last post???

This van is part of our RETAIL STOCK. Only the best of the best make the journey 2,200 kms by rail from our Vancouver warehouse to Winnipeg to be sold retail. Meaning we choose the most mechanically sound vehicles to go through all the inspections. We don't want problems or hassles once the vehicle has been shipped. This is one of the nicest Delicas imported in Canada. Trust me on this, I have travelled all over Western Canada and Japan. If you have any money fly to Winnipeg for yourself and I will even have someone pick you up at the airport in it and take you for a spin.
USER BANNED FROM FORUM
Adam
Vehicle: RIP WVO '91 Super Exceed

Post by Adam »

Kei King wrote:Why would he find something wrong with the van? Did you totally forget to read my last post???
Oh I read your last post. It was hard to miss with the oversized font, caps and colours. I'm sure you deal in only the finest Delica stock, but that is not the point. The point is why would you not return a potential buyers deposit if they returned the van?
Brave Auto International

Post by Brave Auto International »

maDDtraPPer wrote:Anybody deal with Brave Auto? I fell in love with one of their L400's and started to write an email but after I finally got to the end of the 100 pictures of the vehicle I found obvious signs of overspray from fresh paint, and things seem really shiny like there was something sprayed on the frame and parts to make them look better. Used to work in a body shop so I know cover jobs when I see them. Turned me off from the transaction because I am scared of hidden problems, or maybe they just go the extra distance to make the vehicle better???? Anyone?
I would be interested in seeing photos of the over spray from fresh paint that is a cover up job.

Shiny clean looking parts...... you get that when you clean the vehicles as we do. For shiny frames..... next time I will wait a few hours for the under bodies I wash to dry off completely before taking photos as I have nothing else better to do. When the soil inspectors decide to crack down again on the imports you will be thanking me for taking the time to make sure my vehicles are clean.

Cheers

MB..
Mark Bremner
Brave Auto International - Japan Based Vehicle Exporter & Auction Agent - 20yrs Sourcing & Exporting Genuine Hi-Grade Vehicles to Customers Worldwide.
maDDtraPPer

Post by maDDtraPPer »

I did not specificaly state that there was a cover up. I stated that I could see signs of fresh paint and I asked for other members advice on your reputation because fresh paint could mean 1 of 2 things... 1. cover up flaws or 2. just going the extra mile to offer a high quality product. I am sorry if I have offended you but it's my money and Japan is a long ways away so I am asking for other members input on their personal dealings with Brave. I have read the whole thread and there's not much info in there about Brave. The only reason I even knew about you was your friendly reply to my post here about motorcycle transport, so dealers here have to accept it's a public forum and we're allowed to ask questions and advice, especially given the age and distance involved. Thanks.
flyfishn
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed/Yamaha Scooter

Post by flyfishn »

Hmmm. Well my mind is made up!
Keep your tip down and your line tight......happy fishn

Stay away from North Shore RV
Spearo
Vehicle: 92 Smellica Exceed

Post by Spearo »

When you buy a used vehicle, it can be written up "subject to inspection". If the mechanic finds nothing objectionable then the deal goes through and you buy it. Why would I (if I was a dealer or private seller) allow someone to take a vehicle off my property or have someone dick around with it without some commitment to buy? Commit to buy IF the vehicle gets the mechanics approval and buy it. If he says "no" then don't. What's the problem? Do you really want to buy it?

I went through something similar recently, selling a 2007 Civic EX with 19,000km, local car, 1 owner, no accidents (documented), mint. Dude wanted to take my car to a mechanic in December, icy roads, snow storms, no deposit and no written commitment to buy at all. Not likely. Give me a deposit to at least cover my deductible if you crash it, and be serious about buying. Otherwise you're a tire-kicker. The next guy bought it, 3000$ under Wholesale Black Book, my firm price.
In my experience (I've owned/sold tons of vehicles/bikes), the more BS you go through with a potential buyer of anything, the less likely that they they even have financing set up, can afford it, or have any intention to buy.

Sounds like a good Delica to me. Someone will buy it with the understanding that, no matter what, it's over 15 years old and there will be issues no matter if God Himself inspects it lol.
"I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different" - Kurt Vonnegut
Brave Auto International

Post by Brave Auto International »

maDDtraPPer wrote:I did not specificaly state that there was a cover up. I stated that I could see signs of fresh paint and I asked for other members advice on your reputation because fresh paint could mean 1 of 2 things... 1. cover up flaws or 2. just going the extra mile to offer a high quality product. I am sorry if I have offended you but it's my money and Japan is a long ways away so I am asking for other members input on their personal dealings with Brave. I have read the whole thread and there's not much info in there about Brave. The only reason I even knew about you was your friendly reply to my post here about motorcycle transport, so dealers here have to accept it's a public forum and we're allowed to ask questions and advice, especially given the age and distance involved. Thanks.
I am offended and kind of not offended.

I am not offended because I appreciate it is difficult trying to purchase a vehicle sight unseen via photos...... that I do understand.

I am offended because you automatically accuse me for covering things up on this forum when in fact you really have no idea and should of really asked me direct before posting your thoughts. It is a nice way to return the favour for me answering your questions. I think you should read your post again and then you might understand why I have taken offence, especially this line "Used to work in a body shop so I know cover jobs when I see them".

Moving onto this cover up job.

I gather you are referring to the photo below. These are suspension anchor points which can be seen side on when the vehicle is lifted and sometimes when not lifted depending on what angle you are looking. These points originally would be either a light grey under coat colour, white (on this vehicle) or painted black from new. Depending on the owner, they will paint these points black as well as in the wheel arch especially when they lift the vehicle. Over time, the original look fades (road wear) in the wheel arch and suspension anchor points and they will blacken it up again. This does not automatically mean it is a cover up or whatever...... although saying that, it also depends on the agent. Over spray - because it is under the vehicle and out of eye view, a bit of over spray is not the end of the world. Myself personally, I would still mask it out but I am a fussy bugger and if I was even trying to hide the over spray I would of taken the photos on different angles so you cannot see but I have nothing to hide which is why it is in full view and really.... it is not that bad in real life. Some paint might look fresh and shinny but it is a mixture of the flash on the camera and the vehicle is not 100% dry from washing plus some black is not as shiny as other areas. When were these points blackened..... who knows but it is defiantly not recently and it would of been done when the lift kit was fitted.

Finally, the people that know me know I have a full state of the art panel and paint shop here as well as body coating and detailing shop called Carvek http://www.carvek.jp/sub00_bodypaint.html and Carvek Pro http://www.proshopcarvek.jp/. We cater for the local market but mainly high end jobs so if I was trying to hide something...... I could defiantly do a better job than what you think I have as I have all the facilities at my finger tips.

I can see you and I are not going to see eye to eye so we will leave it there and good luck with your future purchase.

Cheers

MB..

Mark Bremner
Brave Auto International - Japan Based Vehicle Exporter & Auction Agent - 20yrs Sourcing & Exporting Genuine Hi-Grade Vehicles to Customers Worldwide.
Kei King

Post by Kei King »

Spearo wrote:When you buy a used vehicle, it can be written up "subject to inspection". If the mechanic finds nothing objectionable then the deal goes through and you buy it. Why would I (if I was a dealer or private seller) allow someone to take a vehicle off my property or have someone dick around with it without some commitment to buy? Commit to buy IF the vehicle gets the mechanics approval and buy it. If he says "no" then don't. What's the problem? Do you really want to buy it?

I went through something similar recently, selling a 2007 Civic EX with 19,000km, local car, 1 owner, no accidents (documented), mint. Dude wanted to take my car to a mechanic in December, icy roads, snow storms, no deposit and no written commitment to buy at all. Not likely. Give me a deposit to at least cover my deductible if you crash it, and be serious about buying. Otherwise you're a tire-kicker. The next guy bought it, 3000$ under Wholesale Black Book, my firm price.
In my experience (I've owned/sold tons of vehicles/bikes), the more BS you go through with a potential buyer of anything, the less likely that they they even have financing set up, can afford it, or have any intention to buy.

Sounds like a good Delica to me. Someone will buy it with the understanding that, no matter what, it's over 15 years old and there will be issues no matter if God Himself inspects it lol.
Very good post. Seems like you are one of the few that knows what you're talking about.
USER BANNED FROM FORUM
Kei King

Post by Kei King »

Brave Auto International wrote:
maDDtraPPer wrote:I did not specificaly state that there was a cover up. I stated that I could see signs of fresh paint and I asked for other members advice on your reputation because fresh paint could mean 1 of 2 things... 1. cover up flaws or 2. just going the extra mile to offer a high quality product. I am sorry if I have offended you but it's my money and Japan is a long ways away so I am asking for other members input on their personal dealings with Brave. I have read the whole thread and there's not much info in there about Brave. The only reason I even knew about you was your friendly reply to my post here about motorcycle transport, so dealers here have to accept it's a public forum and we're allowed to ask questions and advice, especially given the age and distance involved. Thanks.
I am offended and kind of not offended.

I am not offended because I appreciate it is difficult trying to purchase a vehicle sight unseen via photos...... that I do understand.

I am offended because you automatically accuse me for covering things up on this forum when in fact you really have no idea and should of really asked me direct before posting your thoughts. It is a nice way to return the favour for me answering your questions. I think you should read your post again and then you might understand why I have taken offence, especially this line "Used to work in a body shop so I know cover jobs when I see them".

Moving onto this cover up job.

I gather you are referring to the photo below. These are suspension anchor points which can be seen side on when the vehicle is lifted and sometimes when not lifted depending on what angle you are looking. These points originally would be either a light grey under coat colour, white (on this vehicle) or painted black from new. Depending on the owner, they will paint these points black as well as in the wheel arch especially when they lift the vehicle. Over time, the original look fades (road wear) in the wheel arch and suspension anchor points and they will blacken it up again. This does not automatically mean it is a cover up or whatever...... although saying that, it also depends on the agent. Over spray - because it is under the vehicle and out of eye view, a bit of over spray is not the end of the world. Myself personally, I would still mask it out but I am a fussy bugger and if I was even trying to hide the over spray I would of taken the photos on different angles so you cannot see but I have nothing to hide which is why it is in full view and really.... it is not that bad in real life. Some paint might look fresh and shinny but it is a mixture of the flash on the camera and the vehicle is not 100% dry from washing plus some black is not as shiny as other areas. When were these points blackened..... who knows but it is defiantly not recently and it would of been done when the lift kit was fitted.

Finally, the people that know me know I have a full state of the art panel and paint shop here as well as body coating and detailing shop called Carvek http://www.carvek.jp/sub00_bodypaint.html and Carvek Pro http://www.proshopcarvek.jp/. We cater for the local market but mainly high end jobs so if I was trying to hide something...... I could defiantly do a better job than what you think I have as I have all the facilities at my finger tips.

I can see you and I are not going to see eye to eye so we will leave it there and good luck with your future purchase.

Cheers

MB..

That's factory black paint (not overspray or respray). It is very common and seen on every clean vehicle.
USER BANNED FROM FORUM
dah_hunter

Post by dah_hunter »

Well i can only say i feel for maDDtraPPer, when he ends up buying a sub par Van, he will regret his choice.

Brave Auto only delivers the top notch Product, i have never seen any other cars come as clean as his cars, no one else provided the in-depth photos, of the good and the bad of all his cars, he goes above and beyond the call of duty all the time to help people out even if he never sees business from them..

To this day, the dock workers still comment to me about how Brave Cars are the cleanest best condition cars to come off the Boats..

Who am I to say this..

Well i import on average 1 - 3 cars a month.
I bought cars off many different exporters, and im down at the dock helping other people every other week.
I see the Junk that comes in, and the exporters that sell it. I have been to/met most of the importers/dealers in the lower mainland and on the island.

Bottom Line this is My opinion.. But Mark at Brave Auto is 100% legit.

He has my Vote.

Thanks for coming out..

EDIT:
For reference..

This van of Braves has the same issues as the white one..

Oh and if you look close so does this one..

I am shocked that someone would do this two 3 vans.
Shocked..
Last edited by dah_hunter on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Its all about the Right Way:
http://import-era.com
maDDtraPPer

Post by maDDtraPPer »

That is definately not factory spray. Are you suggesting that Mitsubishi paints their parts after they install it on the truck?
Look I don't even care if Brave sprays the van. I am very sorry if I offended them. My original wording perhaps wasn't chosen correctly but that vehicle was painted recently there is obviously fresh paint there. I wanted to be able to trust them based on why the van was sprayed. Hell I still love the thing but apparently it's sold. I just wanted to ask other members of their dealings with them, so I could approach a purchase with correct information. As for asking a dealer directly and trusting them without due dilligence as suggested here. Give me a break, used car salesmen have the worst reputation in the business. Once again I have posted asking for private responses and recieved only posts from dealers. Easy to see who runs this board.
I also would like to ad that had I thought Brave were crooks I wouldn't have asked in the first place - nobody posts 100 pictures if they are trying to hide something - but once again it's my money, it's a long ways away and I have to ask.
loki
Vehicle: 1994 Delica Royal Exceed

Post by loki »

Kei King wrote:Very good post. Seems like you are one of the few that knows what you're talking about.
wow, at least your aren't directly insulting your entire client base, just indirectly, but I'm betting you think they are too stupid to pickup on that.
GISdood
Vehicle: 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero

Post by GISdood »

I'd just like to add my $0.02 to the pot here...

My wife and I bought a 93 Pajero from Mark at Brave Auto last fall. We did a lot of internet research, starting with references from Adam. After surfing and reviewing a lot of domestic importers and international exporters, I found Brave Auto to have the most comprehensive listing of information on each and every vehicle they had in stock - and this was BEFORE contacting Mark and asking for any other relevant info. Of special note - Mark was the only seller we saw (at the time) who actually made a point of highlighting evident FLAWS in the vehicle, even as minor as they were.

Here's the link to his listing for the Pajero we bought from Brave Auto for reference.

http://www.braveautointernational.jp/ve ... -body.html

This was also our first importing experience, and Mark was more than accommodating in helping us through the process. He put us in touch with a trusted financial broker who took care of all the international money transfers, as well as the customs agent/broker (Courtney Agencies Ltd) who handled the unloading and inspection of the Pajero on its arrival in Vancouver. Even the customs broker raved about the quality of the vehicles that he sees coming in from Brave Auto, and he sees a LOT more imports than most of us, here.

All of the shipping, payment and brokerage details were taken care of via email or phone, and never once did I feel I was being taken for a ride or fleeced or even short-changed. We never left our home in Prince George for anything import-related until the day we picked up the vehicle from Mardy at Amazing Auto who did the maintenance and compliance work for us.
maDDtraPPer wrote:Once again I have posted asking for private responses and recieved only posts from dealers. Easy to see who runs this board.
Why WOULDN'T the dealers get their hackles up and respond in kind? They have the most to lose from implications of cover ups and poor sales practices. The general public here is most likely sitting in stunned silence and shaking their collective heads at your statements. The dealers aren't running things, they're defending their reputations and their businesses.

We've been more than pleased with the overall quality of our Pajero... it runs like a top, starts easily even over our miserably cold winter nights here in the north (after I added an oilpan and inline coolant heater, of course), and all the features like the electronic suspension control, SuperSelect4wd, and power windows, locks, sunroof, and mirrors all work perfectly.

When we're ready for a second vehicle, I won't even hesitate to take my business to Brave Auto again.

Kelly
flyfishn
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed/Yamaha Scooter

Post by flyfishn »

Ok, so Brave has some clients willing to respond. That is great. The thing here that annoys me is this is a public forum. People are entitled to ask a question. Sometimes if something is not worded correctly it offends people. These guys both had legitimate questions and concerns. Both (maybe all 3 ) dealers reacted strongly IMHO. You might feel jutified in your responses to these 2 gentleman, but don't forget others will be reading these remarks and thinking that 1 of their own is getting bashed.

To the dealers, if something is posted and you feel offended, answer it as civil as you can. It goes a long way.
Keep your tip down and your line tight......happy fishn

Stay away from North Shore RV

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”