Delica Dealer / Importer Ratings and Feedback

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
JDM Enthusiast
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/

Re: Delica Dealer / Importer Ratings and Feedback

Post by JDM Enthusiast »

I am giving 1.5 out of 10 to Japanoid. However, before I air some of the dirty laundy, I'll probably be getting in touch with the owner, because my feedback is very, very harsh.
lrp374
Vehicle: 91 Super Exceed

Post by lrp374 »

I think I’ve had my van long enough to make a few comments about the dealer that may be helpful to others. I bought my 91 Super Exceed last Dec. from Karim @ Silk Road. I spent about 4 months watching the Internet, this site and had a list of dealers locally (Armstrong) and in Vancouver. I made a visit to a few dealers to gather info on their inventory as well as a feel for their business practices. I was unable to visit Karim as being in Surrey he is a long way from the dealer concentration in Richmond. I contacted Karim via Email about 2 units he had and he answered all my questions as well as a few I didn’t even ask. He provided enough info that I felt comfortable. I made arrangements to visit his lot and test drive the van I felt was the best.

Karim offered to let me take the van basically anywhere to have it mechanically checked. He told me what they had done , timing belt etc. as well as what they did not feel was necessary (van had only 65000 km on it). ( I’ve since had it to CVI for a Delica Tune and Butch confirmed what work he could see had or had not been done.) Every thing on the van has worked, A/C (which I couldn’t really test in December), all the light bulbs, windshield washers, no wet feet etc. and even the Japanese batteries tested good as new. If anything happens now it’s as a result of the over 14000 km I’ve put on it.

I can say I was more than satisfied with the treatment I got ,even though he is very busy and appears to have way to many things on the go to keep everything straight. I contacted him several times after the sale to ask questions and got a prompt response every time except when the roof on his office collapsed from snow load last winter.

I would buy from him again!!
Erebus
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Super Exceed

Post by Erebus »

I would like to change my feedback of Luxury Imports from "recommend" to "do not recommend."
Image "I could be just around the corner from heaven, or a mile from hell." -- Jackson Browne, "The road and the sky".
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

This thread is old and outdated. The original poster has not logged on here for a long time.

Because of this, nothing in the original post (feedback ratings) will be changing.

I've started a new thread. :M

http://www.delica.ca/forum/updated-deli ... -9503.html

Moderators, feel free to close this thread. I'm moving the information over the other current thread above.
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

Jessie rises a good point. I have locked down this thread but it will be available for perusal for posterity.

New thread: ** UPDATED ** Delica Dealer / Importer Ratings and Feedback

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”