A big bouquet for CVI in Richmond

Forum rules
Please refer to Site Rule 1.1.1 prior to posting in this forum.
tonydca
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 95 L400 Exceed - yeah, baby!

A big bouquet for CVI in Richmond

Post by tonydca »

My van was running OK, but not quite right lately. A bit of a lack of power at higher engine speeds, somewhat erratic shifting. Still got from A to B, but something amiss - you know?

So after visiting the Customer Appreciation Day at CVI, I thought I'd take her in for a tune. I consider myself a competent backyard mechanic, but this is my first diesel and there's a lot that I don't (yet) know.

I show up at the crack of open, and right away Butch's guy wheels 'er in and spends a good 40 minutes giving it the once-over. Shows me that, on the surface, she's overall in good nick. Never hesitates to let you climb under and have a look. Big plus point #1.

After Butch shows up, his guy returns from a test drive having made a few tweaks to the kickdown cable and they basically try to talk me out of giving them money. Ask me if I want to take it away for a while and see if the better shifting helps enough to warrant skipping the tune/injector clean for now. Big plus point #2.

"No, no" say I - to my knowledge the injectors have never been cleaned, so let's just get 'er done and start from fresh. Besides, you're running a business, not a charity.

"OK" says Butch; give us 3 hours and by the way, here's the keys to my own van - go ahead and take it to run errands if you like rather than sit around waiting. Plus point #3, game set and match.

As far as I am concerned, as long as Butch and his bunch are doing business in the Lower Mainland, I will not take my vehicle anywhere else. It ran OK before, but now it runs like an absolute top.

I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in the strongest possible way. Keep up the good work!

Tony.
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the elementary-school-aged boys...

Return to “Dealer Feedback, Beefs, and Bouquets”