Trinker wrote:Checked the glow plugs (pulled them out and hooked them up to the battery one at a time, they lit up perfectly ) so at least I didn't fry those.
What I did find with further digging is a rather melted wire coming off the battery terminal and running into one of the harnesses.
I unplugged the wire and checked for power at my relays getting a reading of 0.4 ghost volts...
Reconnected the wire and checked for power at the relays getting 12V once again.
I'm going to replace the wire feeling that it's part of the problem, failing to transfer enough juice for normal relay/glow system operation.
Additionally I took a reading of the resistance between the two terminals on my temp sender. I realize that it might not be the most useful information, but I got a crazy high resistance reading (in the 1000's of ohms range). I'll have to drain a little coolant, pull it out and give it a proper check here soon, but first step is restoring my manual switch function and getting back on the road.
That fuse-able link was the source of my recent issues. It and the wire feeding it had really overheated connectors. I ordered a new one and replaced it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk