Rear hatch reflector/light? Know a fix?

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
apatnode
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1992 Delica SuperExceed L300

Post by apatnode »

Hey forum people!

I have a 1992 L300 (P35W). Seems as though the left side of the red, hatch-wide reflector (the one with the "DEL-ICA" lights in it) has had its internal fastening bracket broken off. The plastic panel now has a tendency to wiggle around and I'd like to fix it. Does anyone:

1) know how to fix/reattach the bracket to remedy the issue?
2) know where I might be able to get a replacement part if #1 above will not work?

Thanks!

Aaron
Portland, OR
poochike
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1999 L400 Chamonix Gen2

Post by poochike »

apatnode wrote:Hey forum people!

I have a 1992 L300 (P35W). Seems as though the left side of the red, hatch-wide reflector (the one with the "DEL-ICA" lights in it) has had its internal fastening bracket broken off. The plastic panel now has a tendency to wiggle around and I'd like to fix it. Does anyone:

1) know how to fix/reattach the bracket to remedy the issue?
2) know where I might be able to get a replacement part if #1 above will not work?

Thanks!

Aaron
Portland, OR
I had thus happen to my 1991 L300 years ago. I will try to explain what I did to fix it.

1. Remove the interior panel on rear hatch.

2. Put the red reflector back on the best you can to see where things line up.

3. You should see at least 2 threaded bolts come through from the inside. These come from the factory with plastic nuts on them.

4. Replace the plastic nuts (If still there, but probably long gone) with proper metal ones and that should do it.

There are also the white plastic snap in ones you'll need if there not still there, but they were on mine so not sure where to get replacements if needed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “L300 Technical”