Removing rear AC... suggestions?

Does your Mitsubishi L300 make a strange noise? Need wheel alignment specs?
FredVenne
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300 Exceed Pop-Top, Pajero Exceed

Post by FredVenne »

Bringing this topic back.

Has there anyone that came up with a how to, with photos on removing the rear ventilation system? I would like to remove stuff that isin't working anymore. Even the a/c has not been working for years and have no need for it.

The reason behind this is that I would like to use the extra space for a potable water tank and a propane tank for my stove top and fridge.

Any suggestions?
Why driving on well traveled route when you can beat your own path...
-The Mighty Yeti

Fun Long Road Trip on road, dirt and ice - Delica L300 Pop-Top Camper
Fun playing around in the mud and work horse - Pajero GDI 3.5L 6cyl LWB
Best vehicle in all conditions - Subary Impreza WRX
Furi
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1990 L300

Post by Furi »

So I did end up yanking the system out. I would say only things to look out for is the coolant in the AC and have it drained before taking things apart. Other than that you would disconnect the engine coolant going to the heater core, make sure you have clean bucket handy so you can collect the engine coolant pouring out so you can pour it back into the system when you are done. And you need to loop the engine coolant line that used to go into the heater core; similar to the picture in earlier posts. Other than that the wiring needs to be disconnected from the controls inside and the rest is bolts that need to be removed from the assembly down below. Sorry; don't have any pictures. I currently have a Diesel heater under there but plenty of space for something else like a water tank, etc.

Return to “L300 Technical”