Okanagan Mini Meet??!!

fexlboi
Member's Photo Album: http://dinoevo.de
Vehicle: -

Re: Okanagan Mini Meet??!!

Post by fexlboi »

delicat wrote:Fexlboi, I hear you will be sick on Friday?... 8-) A little bit of fresh air (ie. mini road trip) will do you wonder!
:shock: :-D Most unlikely but I'll meet you guys where ever I can meet you. Is there already a decision on the camp spot for Friday night?
I'm going to leave on Sat early morning. Anybody want to join me?
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

almac wrote:my radio is working fine... thanks to jay. :-)
local kelowna ham frequencies are:
146.62-, 146.68- and 146.82-
im usually on ".62", when i'm out and about. :wink:
Almac, .62 is a -600 offset, QSL? Go ahead....
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
thelazygreenfox
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 99 white Hi roof gas Chamonix

Post by thelazygreenfox »

Hi everyone
I've been away for a while but will be coming through the Okanagan next weekend, on my way home :-D :-D . Let me know where the group will be camping Sat nite and I will stop bt for a coffee Sunday morning (early?).
See ya then
Wayne
TLGF
Wear your mask, it keeps others from seeing the parsley in your teeth
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Well Dennis & Almac,

A few delii rolled into our backyard tonight (while I was out canoing, came home to find my camping beer supply sadly depleted) to work on vans tonight. During conversation, and rehydrating, and admiring each others delii, they looked at google map. It says Burnaby to Kelowna and Hydraulic Lake is about 500 km each way (via Princeton & scenic Hwy 97 rather than the dreaded Coquihalla). And at delii non-overheating safe speeds thats 7+ hours driving. Plus the extra drive past Kelowna to Hydraulic Lake. So the lads (Delicat, Rich D, Felix) are reconsidering joining the Okanagan mini-meet, as would drive all day to get there, then drive all that way back on Sunday (as most have to work Monday).

So, I have been nominated to ask what chance of moving the camping meeting a bit more middle ground-ish. I reminded them that this posting is called "Okanagan Mini Meet" rather than "Lower Mainland Guys want a weekend 4x4 camping". We quite understand if the Okanagan mini-meet will not become the Princeton Kettle Valley Mini-meet, rather than have your first OK Mini Meet hijacked by a herd of outatown delii.

So, I am just putting out the feelers as requested by the cheerfully hydrated guys.

Statistically from tonights conversation: Delii which must be back at work for Monday are Delicat, Rich D, Felix. Delii which can stay longer are Tardis, Falco. Deli which can leave Friday morning are Delicat, Rich D, Falco, Tardis maybe. Deli which can only leave Saturday morning: Felix.

You know, that's why I didnt organize group camping trips this summer -- herding delii is worse than herding cats.

Big hugs from Christine.
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.
dennis_lambert
Vehicle: 2 L300 exceed high roofs

Post by dennis_lambert »

Hi there Guys,I have not checked this post in a few days...alots happened!! :shock: I Totally understand,Its a long drive.To be Honest I thought more Okanaganers would join in on this!!We are out numbered by the LML Tribe.I would Totally be into meeting somewhere in the middle.Do you think this should be prosponed to the Sept long weekend inorder to give anyone else who might now be more interested a little more time?I know Bufflo neil really want to join but his new Deli is not quite ready.I never planned on a longer road trip this weekend and too be honest I am now a little pressed for time.Tardis I think you are right Maybe we need the Cat Herder himself to help us. 8-)
Cheers.
delicat
Vehicle: '92 Exeed '93 Safari '94 Pajero

Post by delicat »

Oups, sorry but Christine explained it well...

LMD is still going out for sure and a few of us might be able to join you as well if you postpone for Sept. We thought of Manning Park as it's dead center between LMD and Kelowna.

If you guys can't make it then we might still go to Manning or head towards Squamish... If you guys could let us know by tonight it would help us decide where to go...

Manning isn't that far for either of us... Be a Man! :-D
'93 Nissan Patrol
'94 Mitsubishi Pajero

"If it ain't broken, modify it!"
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

Why don't we do the whipsaw trail ?
fexlboi
Member's Photo Album: http://dinoevo.de
Vehicle: -

Post by fexlboi »

jfarsang wrote:Why don't we do the whipsaw trail ?
Uhhhhhhh that sounds interesting :)

Even I would like to meet the Okanagan crew, I don't think I want to drive 1000+km in two days.
Super Exceeded
Vehicle: 1993 L300S

Post by Super Exceeded »

I'd be in for a Sept long weekend meet. It's time to start meeting other deli drivers.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Been making the round of calls... Here is what I know so far, and have relayed back to Christine. (Updated 12:30PM)

Based on Dennis' comment, sounds like the Ok meet is being rescheduled to a Sept long weekend. I'm pledging my support and intention to attend that future event, and it sounds to me like other LMD peeps are also on board with that idea.

Currently our (RichD, Delicat, TardisDeli, Fexlboi, Falco, Jfarsang?) intention is to meet on the east side of Manning Park on Friday evening. Some of the crew is departing Friday morning, I am leaving Friday evening, Felix has to follow on Saturday AM.

For those who want to meet us, please get in touch with Christine (PM TardisDeli) so we can coordinate logistics. Christine has reached out to Almac today as well, so you can compare notes with him.

LazyBrownFox please touch base with Christine. We don't have your number but we will track it down if we don't hear from you soon.

Lets redirect this thread to the spirit of the OP and lock in the September long weekend Okanagan meet. I am definitely there!
Last edited by RichD on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Richard Dagenais
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

fexlboi wrote:
Uhhhhhhh that sounds interesting :)

Even I would like to meet the Okanagan crew, I don't think I want to drive 1000+km in two days.
It's fun with a few rigs.

RichD

Post by RichD »

That's the plan. :-) But not the crazy stuff!! My understanding is that there are reasonable bits you can do, and we can watch David and Felix do the hardcore stuff.

I forgot to mention Jesse. Looking forward to finally meeting you. Please connect with Christine!
Last edited by RichD on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Dagenais
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Hello All,

So the Lower Mainland delica folk have made a DECISION. We will not join the Okanagan Mini Meet this weekend, instead we will camp and 4x4 near Manning Park East Gate.

I will create a new posting now, titled Camping 4x4 Manning East Gate 20-22 August, with full details. Everyone is welcome to join us. Our exact campsite is unknown, but we will post a note by the door of the wonderful homestyle cafe at East Gate (beside the gas station). Anyone wishing to convoy there, we have 3 departure times from Burnaby, as delica owners have different work schedules: 11 am Friday, or 6 pm Friday, or 8am Saturday. Returning Sunday.

Our hearty THANKS to Dennis Lambert for organizing the OK Mini-Meet, and THANKS to Almac for working on finding a nice camping area. Very sorry we can't make it this weekend. However, your suggestion of a September trek to the Okanagan to meet you all is a great idea, and we look forward to planning something.

Cheers, Christine.
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.
almac
Vehicle: '91 Delica "Tessen"

Post by almac »

i can't say anything positive about this, so i will refrain from saying anything. :?
Roads!? Who the hell needs roads!?,
al
91' Delica "Tessen", 5spd, RS9000XLs, camperized.
trialsmaster2
Vehicle: 93 Green/Light Gold Exceed

Post by trialsmaster2 »

I'm still up for a visit on the Saturday at where ever Al and Dennis end up in the Okanagan, but not a full on camping trip for me. Keep me posted on where you're going and when and I'll try and meet up on the Saturday.

Aaron

Return to “Events - Other BC”