Delica Parts Wiki

Report a bug, or request a feature...

Moderator: mark

Kuan
Vehicle: 94' L400 SWB

Delica Parts Wiki

Post by Kuan »

I was looking through the parts and and technical section to find some info on fuel lines and fuel pumps etc and it occured to me that all this information we want/need to share with each other would be much easier in the form of a WIki.

If you don't know what a wiki is:
A wiki (IPA: [ˈwɪ.kiː] <WICK> or [ˈwiː.kiː] <WEE>[1]) is a website that allows the visitors themselves to easily add, remove, and otherwise edit and change available content, and typically without the need for registration. This ease of interaction and operation makes a wiki an effective tool for mass collaborative authoring.

This way we could list part numbers/cross reference parts, etc etc. for different parts of the vans and link to any technical articles here.

It would be an easier way in the long run to contain all the info for parts and would be useful for anyone servicing the Delicas as well. Each part will have a page and can be edited by anyone.

That way there wouldn't be pages of info to trawl through to get all the info.

The software is free. http://www.mediawiki.org/

It could be installed on this site as a seperate directory or hosted elsewhere. I have a copy installed on my server so it could be hosted there as well.
mark
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos
Vehicle: 1994 L400

Post by mark »

Interesting thought Kuan -- I have now loaaded TikiWiki at {no longer available} for testing (and to educate myself). There's also a simplier pHpWiki as well.
Kuan
Vehicle: 94' L400 SWB

Post by Kuan »

Hi Mark,

Well, contrary to what I said before about the wiki. I guess it makes more sense to keep everything on the forum since thats where everyone is. I noticed on the UK site that they keep stickies at the top of the Tech section with a list of part numbers that a moderator updates into one post. Might be easier but would mean work for you or a moderator.

This forum is great by the way. Thanks.

Return to “Site Suggestions & General Feedback”