Picked up my Chamonix a couple of weeks ago!

Driving a shiny 91 Delica Super Exceed? This is the section to show and tell!
DavePhotos
Vehicle: 92 Delica Chamonix

Picked up my Chamonix a couple of weeks ago!

Post by DavePhotos »

YAHOO!!! :D
It has been a fantastic (but busy) couple of weeks with the new Deli.
Taken it out to Tofino/Uclulet on the first weekend with some family and up to Courtenay yesterday (nice to meet you Sean). It runs great and is a pleasure to drive.
We picked it up from Robb at 5 star and Glen at Coombs Country autos. I would not hesitate to highly recommend these guys, they are great to deal with.
The Deli came with 116000 kms, middle bench seat, low roof, pop out windows and auto transmission. Also came with detachable face Japanese cd/radio with a hand painted red faceplate. Not much else for options but VERY clean and no evidence of smoking inside.
Some things I have noticed in the past couple of weeks:
Every time we park it someone comes up with questions or comments. One guy did not believe me that it was 15 years old, He thought that it was a new van that is "popping up all over the place."
The middle bench seat can only really seat 2 passengers, the third (jump)seat has no seatbelt.
Driving on the right hand side is no problem (easier than being the passenger on the left)
The seats fold down flattish to make a bed but still needs modifications to make it comfortable to sleep on.
Good mileage for a vehicle of its size. I am looking into running WVO.
Great on the highway, a bit slow on the hills, it seemed unaffected by having 3 adult passengers with luggage for the weekend trip to the west coast of the Island.
Can be a bit challenging for people to get in and out of the front seats.
Incredible turning radius!
When the signal lights are on they light up the corner of the direction you are signaling.
Thats all I can think of right now.

I will post some more photos later!

Thanks again for this site and all the contributors!
Dave
kenmac569

Re: Picked up my Chamonix a couple of weeks ago!

Post by kenmac569 »

I'm still waiting on my 92 super exceed from Glen and the Guy's at five star. I'm soo excited. I'm not a gear head at all and yet for some reason I really cant wait to get my hands on this van. It's been about 18 months since I saw my first one at Gerry's diner north of duncan and I haven't stopped googling and Delica.caing since then. Again Kudo's to all who developed and participate in this site.
WaterMarc88
Vehicle: None at this time...

Post by WaterMarc88 »

Guys, ....

One of my friend talk to me about Delica this past friday and since then.... I have been reading about them all week-end !!
I never seen one in the area I live, south of Quebec near vermont, but I re thinking my idea of buying a bran new Subaru Outback to by a 15 year...Delica !!

Marc D.
MardyDelica
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: DL#30843 /92 Delica Super Exceed

Post by MardyDelica »

HI, Marc, welcome to the club,
subaru cannot go to tough road, delica can go anywhere mountain, creek & other road fun to drive, you will regret if you got subaru,
delica is very good cannot compare with other brand new car here in northamerica. very simple no electronic to fix, new car got lots of electronic componets to check. parts is available. this is just my opinion. this delica is so good cannot compare to the local car.
hope this help,
Cheers,
Mardy
ImageImageImage
patty
Vehicle: delica chamonix

Post by patty »

hey davephoto.
You have the exact same chamonix as me,NICE!the only difference is your red dash,but i like that more:(
any ways if your around whistler and you see the same one its me patty!
patty
Vehicle: delica chamonix

Post by patty »

you forgot the dual battery and the xtra large oxzilary for starting in cold weather
WaterMarc88
Vehicle: None at this time...

Post by WaterMarc88 »

Thanks Mardy...

I'm still reading about Delica and haven't bought my Subaru.. !:-)
Cheers.

MC
MardyDelica wrote:HI, Marc, welcome to the club,
subaru cannot go to tough road, delica can go anywhere mountain, creek & other road fun to drive, you will regret if you got subaru,
delica is very good cannot compare with other brand new car here in northamerica. very simple no electronic to fix, new car got lots of electronic componets to check. parts is available. this is just my opinion. this delica is so good cannot compare to the local car.
hope this help,
Cheers,
Mardy

Return to “Member Rides”