- Broken and stripped upper silence shaft tensioner 'bolt'.
- Helicoil repair
- Pulled the trans pan. Standard aluminum 'fuzz' on the magnets. No chunks.
- Cleaned the filter, new fluid
- Full oil change, filter, black as tar... Will probably drop in some sea foam and go for another change well before the next 5k
- Fuel filter change, prime, etc... (have never done this before, it was fun to learn)
- Bolted up all the various pulleys and pieces. (wow the allen key in the ring gear worked like a dream).
- Dropped some Diesel Fuel additive in. Also have some Marine 2stroke to use after this first batch of gunk.
So, yay. It runs. It's loud. I will need to get used to that. A bit louder as I have the carpet off the front and there just wans't any in the back. Been scouring the board on sound dampening. So far I like the closed cell foam idea. Considering the expense of the dynamat type stuff, it seems alright. Actually just read about waterproof proofing tape! (http://www.eternabond.com/AlumiBond-p/ho-as.htm) Very similar properties of the dynamat product except it's asphalt based instead of rubber and works great!
Anyway I have a few more q's for anyone watching...
I just saw this under the carriage. It appears to be the Driver Side transmission bracket? And is looking really aged. :) Anyone know of an l300 getting wrecked anywhere? What's the compatibility on these? They look to be at least $130 when I was able to see one similar online.
- What is the purpose of the Throttle Knob on the dash? How is it used?
- What are DEPO Headlights? I have E class lights on the Deli so I think I'm good. Although they are really dim...
- Any magic formulas on the 'Dim Deli Headlight' symptom? :)
Next up is to spray the crap out of everything with some RustCheck.
EGT gauge from Auberins.
I'm so frickin nervous to drive this thing without an EGT guage, haha... I've done WAY too much reading...