'91 L300 - "Busik"

Driving a shiny 91 Delica Super Exceed? This is the section to show and tell!
tarhim
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300

'91 L300 - "Busik"

Post by tarhim »

So... I thought I'll make a thread about my Delica, called semi-affectionately "Busik" (small bus/van in Polish).

It's (most probably) 1991, with legally stamped out VIN (long story).

I am third owner in the known history. First guy rebuilt Busik after it stood idle 12 years or so and used it for trips around Europe for five years or so. Second one owned it 6 months and used for fishing trips. I am in contact with first owner, who is very helpful.

Busik is in a very good shape, just a few spots of rust here and there on the body. It's also fine on the mechanical side (two garages told me that, so I think they're right)/

Some of body corrosion was already taken care of:

One of the mysteries of Busik are remains of some installation, supposedly Webasto heater with remote control.

Antenna socket:
"Black box" and connectors under the middle of the dash:
Extra fusebox:

It also has battery isolator, which spares me the effort of installing one myself ;)

Also, one of my own modifications, as it is my first diesel vehicle ever ("ON" is abbreviation for diesel fuel in Polish):

By the way, do mechanical diesel engines use up fuel during engine braking? My guess is yes, but I'm not sure...
tarhim
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: L300

Re: '91 L300 - "Busik"

Post by tarhim »

Took first long(ish, about 600 kms total), with significant parts off the beaten path. I'm very impressed with the way Busik handles those conditions. We slipped here and there, but it's at least in part due to tyres that it has currently on.

I do wonder about fuel consumption. With offroad driving and all that it still came to 9.4 liters/100 km. Not that I'm complaining...

Return to “Member Rides”