RichD & Maria - new Delica owners and site members

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
RichD

Post by RichD »

I've been waiting for this day for the past two weeks, and today I sighed in relief as our newly acquired 92 Delica Super Exceed slid under the parking garage door with 2" to spare and came to rest at its new home in Burnaby.
029.jpg
029.jpg (105.71 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
The drive home from Richmond was a little tense as Maria, already a little weary in traffic, struggled with the right-hand driving position. We finally pulled in to a McD's and I took the wheel for the rest of the way. I have to say I love the visibility through the ample windows, and within a few minutes I had adjusted my mirror- and shoulder-check habits.

Our decision to go with an L300 was greatly encouraged by the content of this forum and I want to say thank-you to the whole community. What a great resource; I look forward to contributing.

The first time I encountered a Delica was Coaxial's truck in North Van. I've been a militant pedestrian for years (I am primarily a motorcyclist; I hate cars) but the vehicle appealed to me because of its versatility and general geek-appeal (we like machines that encourage modification and have a lot of community support - hence my sig :-))

Quite recently, Maria and I were looking for a weekender vehicle that we could use for road trips and camping, and that I could use as a mobile workshop. The Delica beat out every other option we considered. We looked at the L400 too but the vast amount of information available for the L300 - and proven track record - won us over.

I have a background in cabinetmaking and intend to build a custom removable camper kit. Details and photos will follow as the project advances.
Richard Dagenais
dfnder
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: '91 Exceed

Re: RichD & Maria - new Delica owners and site members

Post by dfnder »

Welcome,

I usually just lurk on the site but thought I would say hello. You have a nice looking truck there! The slider windows are a desired option by many. I'm sure many will look to appreciate your craftsmanship, there are many examples of constructing beds/cabinets already on the site that may help you plan your attack in finding which configuration(s) will work best for you.

cheers!
fmande
Vehicle: 97 TD exceed SWB

Post by fmande »

Congradulation on you new purchase,

from all of us in Australia.

from what you have written you too have the Delica grin :-D

regards fmande

Very nice looking bus you have,good luck with the fit out
regards David

The more you learn the less you know.
By the time I die I will know absolutely nothing.
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

Welcome to Delica Canada :M .

Nice looking wagon you have there. Hook up sometime for coffee and we can compare notes. Also there is an open house coming up at CVI, you might want to catch that ~ details in "Events Lower Mainland".

Falco.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
delicat
Vehicle: '92 Exeed '93 Safari '94 Pajero

Post by delicat »

Congrats and welcome!

Good for you, you got the best style (L300) and best color! Very nice truck! There's a few of us in Burnaby as well so if you ever have questions or need help don't hesitate to ask or join us on some of our "get your hands dirty" days...

Cheers!
David
'93 Nissan Patrol
'94 Mitsubishi Pajero

"If it ain't broken, modify it!"
Slimdog
Vehicle: 2000 L300 LWB

Post by Slimdog »

Thats awesome Rich. Nice looking ride. Looking forward to you camper build.

Cheers

s
Luna-Sea
Vehicle: 90xeed+91cmnix,bth5spdz

Post by Luna-Sea »

I have a background in cabinetmaking and intend to build a custom removable camper kit.
Neat-o!
I am always pleasantly surprised to see more L300 owners in a market
that is becoming quite full of L400s as well.
I can't fault you guys for good taste!

Right On! 8-)
jessef
Vehicle: JDM flavour of the month

Post by jessef »

Welcome and nice rig :M
TardisDeli
Vehicle: 1991 L300. 1997 L300.

Post by TardisDeli »

Hi Maria and Rich, welcome. Glad you bought an L300, my favourite. Wonder if you are the new white deli we see near us, near George Derby. Love to show you what we've done, and also tell you what we've seen others do (you can see cupboard postings from people such as asorenson (now owned by almac); or whitemule (who did a VW style cupboard). Cheers, Christine.
Christine
Of The TardisDeli My TardisDeli travels thru time and space. Our house is nicknamed the TardisDeli Motel, as so many delii owners visit to share delii stories.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Took her for a ride tonight in North Van, up Seymour.
snow.jpg
snow.jpg (120.51 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
Winter Wonderland!

I'm an experienced winter driver (grew up in the Laurentians) and this ride meets with my enthusiastic approval. Delica is right at home in the snow.
Richard Dagenais
deLOOKA
Vehicle: 93 SE

Post by deLOOKA »

I was wondering this afternoon if the temp. was low enough for snow at higher elevations.
Guess your picture answered my question.

Congrats and welcome to the club :M

-Isaac
RichD

Post by RichD »

I haven't been on this forum for years, but reading this first post brought up some real heartache.

We had a lot of fun in this van, and we were reluctant to change to something new. We got a L400 but held on to it for a few years. Then a supposed friend of ours wanted to buy it and we agreed to finance it to him. He stole the van, and some other stuff from us. He also left Butch with a 2K invoice unpaid that I was guarantor on.

When I think of this van, I still don't really think of all the fun we had in it. I think of that guy who stole it, and the beat down that he'll receive if I ever come upon him on the street. I often wish that we still had the L300. I miss it more than the L400.
Richard Dagenais

Return to “Member Introductions”