New Member future owner

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
Andy-
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 2002 L400 Limited

New Member future owner

Post by Andy- »

I just signed up, I'm in the Edmonton area. I've been interested in the Delica for a while now, particularly the L400. I've never been interested in owning a rhd vehicle until now. I'm looking for something I can use as a commuter car and take out camping in the mountains once in a while, ideally having the ability to pul a 10-12' utility trailer with my side by side(approx 2800lbs combined?).

I currently have a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage(cvt...you can laugh!) that can't tow anything I want to but it's cheap to drive and reliable. I also have an old 05 Dodge diesel that can tow anything but it's not cheap to drive(or repair). I'm looking for something that can do a little bit of everything, tow a little bit once in a while(maybe 2500lbs?), and be able to sleep in for a weekend.

I'm casually looking for an L400 and think I'd rather go with the gas v6 over the diesel as I'd want to be able to use it to commute to work about 20 one way. Unless there's a reason to choose the diesel over the gas that I don't know about(that's likely), I just don't want to deal with -35c waiting for it to warm up, having to plug it in etc...

Hoping to find something decent by the fall.

Return to “Member Introductions”