Good day for an old Starwagon

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
weelsey
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/profile.php?uid=15295
Vehicle: '90 2.5l high roof exceed

Post by weelsey »

Hi, all.

I have acquired a yet unnamed, silver and black, "fixer-upper" 1990 Starwagon crystal-light exceed 2.5D that mostly sat for a period of years after its journey to the east coast. Neglected, she is responding to attention.

With 182000 clicks, it's surprising resilience is largely due to up-keep by prior owners, all noted in an owner's repair guide, with receipts. against the neglect of my seller, it does not appear to have suffered the death blow i.e. from over-heating and rock bashing.

I must admit that, at first, I saw value in her for the 4d56 powerplant to 'transplant' into a late '80s Ford Ranger diesel equipped with the predecessor 4d55. Rest assured, that is not the plan now. And even if it is it's fate, it will be down the road a good ways.

The plan is to drive her west to Edmonton (despite the 12L/100km fuel mileage it's getting) and put a windshield and ball joint in it at the very least. Perhaps a radiator and other crucial and non-crucial items, too.

I've found this forum indispensable already. I was soooo pleased to find it after mostly perusing the Delica Club. com and UK (and pajero) sites. I'll say thank-you in advance and head on over to the technical forums. There is perhaps tonnes to do before leaving! TY
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG (520 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Lapprentis
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica L300 StarWagon 1990

Post by Lapprentis »

Where are you located in NB ? Why to you bring it to Edmonton : there are soo many L300 in the West ? Where was that Van advertized ? How much did you pay ? We do not see too many Silver L300 :) Any more pictures ? Just curious :)

Lapprentis :M
weelsey
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/profile.php?uid=15295
Vehicle: '90 2.5l high roof exceed

Post by weelsey »

Hiya, Lapprentis.
I'm packed up in the van headed to Edmonton. It's not the most fuel efficient vehicle, partly because of the pump leak but also perhaps it had been turned up by prior owners. I like diesels and I just acquired a driveshaft seal I may change while traveling. I don't have more pictures but perhaps I will get a few more soon.
It wasn't advertised. I payed one GMC Bluebird School bus for it, which might have been getting similar fuel economy.

Sorry, for misinforming folks. It actually had 189000km on the odometer, and now it has 193xxx. And I'm getting between 12 and 16l/1ookm

Return to “Member Introductions”