Hello from Columbia, South Carolina!

New to Delica Canada? Please introduce yourself and your van!
FlossyPine
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica

Post by FlossyPine »

(Soon to be PNW)

Hey guys, I'm currently an (almost) college grad and I will be purchasing a Delica soon. I'm hoping a bunch of you vets can help me along the process of purchase and upgrades :-D

I found a dealer in B.C. named "Silk Road Autos" selling models I'm interested in for around $15,000 USD. I feel like I could get what I want for much cheaper If I go through the import process on my own and look to japan for the Delicas. I'm hoping to be able to find a 4x4 diesel pop top. (Although if there were 4x4 gas models I would be more interested in those). Anyone have any ideas on how to search for these awesome vans in japan? Fee's for importing to Washington or B.C? I'm very excited! :M
javabob
Vehicle: 1991 Exceed (P35W)

Post by javabob »

FlossyPine wrote:(Soon to be PNW)

Hey guys, I'm currently an (almost) college grad and I will be purchasing a Delica soon. I'm hoping a bunch of you vets can help me along the process of purchase and upgrades :-D

I found a dealer in B.C. named "Silk Road Autos" selling models I'm interested in for around $15,000 USD. I feel like I could get what I want for much cheaper If I go through the import process on my own and look to japan for the Delicas. I'm hoping to be able to find a 4x4 diesel pop top. (Although if there were 4x4 gas models I would be more interested in those). Anyone have any ideas on how to search for these awesome vans in japan? Fee's for importing to Washington or B.C? I'm very excited! :M
Welcome Flossy,
I'll chime in about a dealer I used that was really fantastic to deal with. Mardy from Amazing Auto Imports. I cannot say enough good things about him. He was easy to deal with, communicated well, and always got back to me when I left a message. He changes all the fluids, belts, water pump, radiator, etc.
In my case we had documentation of it's last service in Japan and he inspected everything. Since everything was good he filled my Delica up with all new parts that he would have changed out and slapped some new rubber on the wheels. On my drive back to Minnesota the weather was horrible, snow storms, avalanches, closed passes, ice storms, and giant pile-ups. It should have only taken a couple of days to get back but ended up taking seven. Mardy called or texted every morning and evening to make sure the Deli and myself were okay. He still returns my calls whenever I have questions.

Bob
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
FlossyPine
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica

Post by FlossyPine »

javabob wrote:
Welcome Flossy,
I'll chime in about a dealer I used that was really fantastic to deal with. Mardy from Amazing Auto Imports. I cannot say enough good things about him. He was easy to deal with, communicated well, and always got back to me when I left a message. He changes all the fluids, belts, water pump, radiator, etc.
In my case we had documentation of it's last service in Japan and he inspected everything. Since everything was good he filled my Delica up with all new parts that he would have changed out and slapped some new rubber on the wheels. On my drive back to Minnesota the weather was horrible, snow storms, avalanches, closed passes, ice storms, and giant pile-ups. It should have only taken a couple of days to get back but ended up taking seven. Mardy called or texted every morning and evening to make sure the Deli and myself were okay. He still returns my calls whenever I have questions.

Bob
Hey Bob, thanks a lot for the recommendation. I e-mailed him about trying to find a pop top Delica. Hopefully he can find one or help me get information on how to import one myself. I'm sure he would rather do the first option since it would be business for him. No biggie to me since it saves me a bunch of hassle, presumably.
Furi
Vehicle: 1990 L300

Post by Furi »

FlossyPine wrote:(Soon to be PNW)

Not sure how far along you are in your purchase but there is a lot of information in the Dealer Feedback section of the forum regarding dealers, etc. If you have the time you certainly will save a lot of money by importing through a dealer and making sure everything is done right.
cosmo727
Vehicle: 1996 Delica Starwagon Active World

Post by cosmo727 »

Hello FlossyPine and Welcome!!

I went with Craig from Bonsai Rides (bonsairides.com). He has imported Delicas from Japan for US customers in the past. Excellent guy to deal with and a painless process. Geographically for you and based on my experience he would be worthwhile looking up.

Good Luck!!
xanadu
Vehicle: 1991 Super Exceed Delica L300

Post by xanadu »

I love and vouch for Silk Road Autos.
Great communication before and long after the sale. Nothing but good things to say about Karim & company.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Return to “Member Introductions”